Posted February 09, 2012 by publisher in Cuba Travel.
Rob Sequin | Havana Journal
Note: This post is FULL of links out to other pages that offer more details for your information. Be prepared to click on a lot of links. You will learn more than you expect about People to People Cuba travel.
OFAC has released a spreadsheet of Cuba related travel licensees in a huge, hard to read “file dump” thanks to a Freedom of Information Act request by Tracey Eaton in October 2011.
He regularly posts great Cuba content to his Along the Malecon and his Cuba Money Project blogs.
This OFAC licensee fire dump does not mention the type of license granted by OFAC so John McAuliff of Cuba People to People is working to filter the information and he has posted a provisional list of OFAC Cuba travel licensees but most are probably not all specifically “people to people” licensees.
Confirmed list of People to People license holders
I have compiled a list of CONFIRMED People to People license holders. Click on each licensee name for proof of their license or the announcement of their receipt of a people to people license.
1. Oops. Had to remove the first entry due to lack of proof of license. We replaced it with the newly discovered Royal Oak Foundation people to people license.
2. American Museum of Natural History
3. Austin Lehman Adventures
4. Boulder-Cuba Sister City Organization
5. Center for Cuba Studies
6. Center for Global Education at Augsburg College
7. Center for the Study of Cuban Culture & Economy at Virginia Tech
8. Chamber Explorations
9. Collette Vacations
10. Corcoran Gallery of Art and College of Art + Design
11. Cuba Cultural Travel
12. Foundation for Caribbean Studies
13. Friendly Planet
14. Fresno Chamber of Commerce Note: This organization is booking through Chamber Explorations and does not have their own People to People license.
15. Grand Circle Foundation
16. Harvard University Alumni Association
17. Hedwig Dances
18. Insight Cuba
19. Lexington Institute
20. Manatee Florida/Manati Cuba Sister City Association
21. Minnesota Cuba Committee
22. National Audubon Society
23. National Geographic Expeditions
24. National Trust for Historic Preservation
25. Obsidian Arts Center
26. Plaza Cuba
27. Road Scholar
28. Smithsonian Journeys
29. TampaBay-Cuba People to People Outreach
30. UCLA Alumni
31. University of Michigan – Alumni Association
32. University of Washington Botanic Gardens
33. University of Wisconsin – Learning in Retirement
34. Witness for Peace
35. Woodson Art Museum
Don’t miss our legal trips to Cuba and calendar of Cuba trips.
We welcome clarifications, additions and comments about this list and People to People Cuba travel in general.
There is a much longer list of companies mentioned in the OFAC file dump but most are not confirmed as “people to people” Cuba travel license holders.
Updated February 28, 2012
Thanks to the tireless efforts from the folks at the Latin America Working Group, they have released an updated list of licensed organizations offering people to people Cuba trips.
Alumnae Association of Smith College
Americas Media Initiative
The Art Institute of Chicago
Cal Alumni Association-UC Berkeley
The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
The Commonwealth Club of California
Cornell University-Cornell’s Adult University
Dartmouth Office of Alumni Relations
Duke Alumni Association
Illinois Public Media
Institute for International Urban Development
League of Women Voters of Florida
Massachusetts Foundation for the Humanities
MEDICC (Medical Education Cooperation With Cuba)
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
People-to-People International No information on site.
Princeton University Alumni Association
Spoleto Festival USA
St. Augustine-Baracoa Friendship Association
University of California, Santa Barbara Alumni Association
University of Washington Alumni Association
Woodson Art Museum
World Affairs Council of Philadelphia
Congratulations to all the people to people license holders listed above. The total is now up to 60 organizations.
Exercise your American rights to travel freely. Go to Cuba!
No comments have been posted yet.