Interesting old photos of Casino de la Playa and upscale Marianao in Havana Cuba.
Marianao is home to a sprawling former military base, the Columbia Fortress, built by the U.S. after the defeat of Spain in 1898. When Cuba’s Revolutionary Army liberated Havana in January 1959, this was dictator Fulgencio Batista’s last stronghold.
It is now called Ciudad Libertad (Liberty City).
Wifredo Lam also lived in that neighborhood.
Thanks to Manuel for the photo.