http://havanajournal.com/politics/entry/caleb_mccarry_plan_to_undermine_the_cuban_government_and_restrict_americans/

HavanaJournal.com: Cuba Politics

Caleb McCarry’s plan to undermine the Cuban government and restrict Americans freedom to travel

Posted January 14, 2006 by publisher in Cuba Politics.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBS4.com

The Bush administration has big plans for the island of Cuba once Fidel Castro is out of power. The designated man to conduct the complicated task US Cuba Transition Coordinator Caleb McCarry.

As his title implies, McCarry already has a protocol that the United States wants to follow that he believes will ensure the best interest of the Cuban people.

McCarry spoke to Only on 4 to Eliott Rodriguez.

“The dictatorship has a succession plan,” said McCarry. “The problem is the succession plan does not address the deprivation of the Cuban people.”

In his interview, McCarry points out that work is already underway to undermine the current dictatorship, the travel embargo being one of them. McCarry says that Americans are traveling dramatically less to the communist island and that has so far prevented approximately $500 million from reaching the island - money he says goes straight to Castro’s coffers.

Watch the video interview here with short clip of Castro falling.

http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_012213234.html

Member Comments

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On January 15, 2006, YoungCuban wrote:

“The Bush administration has big plans for the island of Cuba once Fidel Castro is out of power.”

Doesn’t President BuSHit have only two more years left in his term?

Is this a hint from Bush, think he may try to invade Cuba before his term is up?

Seems to me when Bush speaks about his “big plans” for Cuba, in every other article Bush speaks as if he will out last Castro as president, or, try something before his term as the worse US president is over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On January 16, 2006, ElaineMiami wrote:

Maybe the “Bush Administration” is counting on Jeb Bush being president for the next eight years, who knows. (Although with Bush’ decreasing popularity, I doubt anyone else in that family will ever become a U.S. president).  I think these plans for Cuba’ transition have their roots in the exile leaders, who continually plague U.S. presidents with their own agenda.  I’m sure that Cuba has its own plans for the future, regardless of what anyone in Washington is scheming up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On January 16, 2006, jesusp wrote:

It is hard to believe that we actually pay guys like this McCarry to conduct this type of activities, the arrogance and stupidity of a failed policy. It is no wonder our reputation around the world diminishes with every move this administration makes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On August 20, 2006, publisher wrote:

Mr. McCarry,

Where do you get your numbers? Same place you get your brains and morals I guess.

It is my understanding that about 50,000 Americans go to Cuba a year. If that is the case then each person would spend an average of $10,000 on average. Even if 100,000 Americans go to Cuba ever year that would mean that they spend a whopping $5000 each? Think about it you dummy.

Also, I like “work is already underway to undermine the current dictatorship”. Do you want to take credit for poisoning Fidel Castro?

What an idiot. And, if you are ready this, the Havana Journal now owns CalebMcCarry.com and points it to this page so anyone typing in your name will be a bit more educated about your failed policies.

Just keep sticking with that old failed Plan A Embargo. Yep, real creative!