HAVANA JOURNAL COMMENTS: THIS ARTICLE IS POSTED AS A NEWS/INFORMATION STORY. THE HAVANA JOURNAL DOES NOT ENDORSE OR SUPPORT ANY POLITICAL ORGANIZATION OR AGENDA.
International Action Center
The NYC Free the Cuban Five Committee will meet with Javier Dominguez, Director of the North America section of ICAP, the Cuban Institute for the
Friendship with the Peoples, a Cuban NGO which fosters friendship and solidarity among the worlds’ peoples with Cuba.
Come hear more about Cuba’s solidarity movement with the Cuban Five!
We will meet this Wed., December 3rd @ 6:30 pm at IAC, 39 W. 14th Street, btwn 5th & 6th in Manhattan.
For more info, please call 212.633.6646.
01 Dec 2003—The IAC has supported Cuba’s right to self-determination since our doors opened. Recently, the IAC has been active in the Campaign to Free the Cuban Five. We ...urge your support.
The Cuban Five are heroes sent by the Cuban government to monitor the actions of the right-wing terrorists based in Florida and supported by the U.S. government.
These five Cubans were unjustly sent to five federal prisons throughout the U.S. for trying to stop terrorism. They have committed no crime and the movement demands their freedom. For more info on the case visit [url=http://www.freethefive.org]http://www.freethefive.org[/url]
IN THIS POSTING:
1. Information on how you can help get the case of the Cuban Five in the New York Times.
2. Protest the denial of visitation rights for the wives of two of the Cuban Five prisoners.
3. Subscribe to Cuba and Free the Five listserve.
4. Hear representatives from the Cuban Institute for Friendship with the Peoples of Cuba (ICAP).
1. HELP GET THE CUBAN FIVE IN THE NEW YORK TIMES!
The National Committee to Free the Cuban Five has launched a campaign to place a full-page ad in the New York Times. There is no more urgent time than now to do your part in their struggle for freedom. Please help us break the media blockade that keeps their struggle from being known to the people of the United States and around the world.
Currently, the Cuban Five are appealing to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta for a new trial out of Miami. But their legal battle needs backing by political pressure of the people. That has always been true for imprisoned freedom fighters, from Nelson Mandela to Leonard Peltier to Mumia Abu-Jamal.
The New York Times is the U.S. newspaper of record. A full-page ad in the Times will broadcast the case of the Cuban Five to the world.
Your financial contribution is critical! Make a donation to the New York Times Ad fund today!
Please $1,000, $500, $100, $25 or any amount you can, to go toward the publication cost, about $50,000. TOGETHER WE CAN DO IT!
To make a credit card donation, click here: https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business==fund%40progressunity.org&item_name==New+York+Times+Ad&no_note==1&tax==0?cy_code==USD
By mail in the United States: Make a check or money order payable to: Peace for Cuba/New York Times Ad Mail to: Free the Cuban Five Committee 2489 Mission St., Room 24 San Francisco CA 94110 USA Tel: 415-821-6545 Visit our website: [url=http://www.freethefive.org]http://www.freethefive.org[/url]
For information on donating in another country please visit [url=http://www.freethefive.org]http://www.freethefive.org[/url] .
2. Once again, two of the wives of the Cuban Five have been denied visas to visit their husbands in the U.S. Olga and Adriana, spouses of Rene and Gerardo, respectively cannot visit their husbands. Please send letters of protest to the appropriate U.S. officials. Visit the freethefive web site for details.
4. On Dec. 2, at 700pm a number of Cuba solidarity organizations will host Javier Dominguez Martinez from Cuba. Dominguez is the Director of ICAP-Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples.
International Action Center
39 West 14th Street, Room 206
New York, NY 10011
CHECK OUT SITE http://www.mumia2000.org
phone: 212 633-6646
fax: 212 633-2889
To make a tax-deductible donation,
go to http://www.peoplesrightsfund.org