Havana Cuba Business Travel Culture and Politics

Havana Cuba News

Cuba Politics News

Posted July 23, 2003 by publisher in Cuban History

Email this article | Print this article | Search Havana Journal        

DTcuba.com

Havana.- The museum dedicated to the Spanish-Cuban-American War, in eastern Santiago de Cuba province, reopened after painstaking restoration works.

The facility, located in the outskirts of the city of Santiago de Cuba, has incorporated new elements linked to ground and sea battles in the 19th century.

The museum’s three halls deal with antecedents, the war and its consequences, making emphasis on the events that took place in 1898, when the United States interfered in the war between Cubans and the Spanish Crown.

The museum exhibits cannons, different kinds of weapons, torpedoes, objects from sunken ships of Admiral Cervera’s Fleet, communication devices, and a model showing the sites where the main battles were waged.

US forces landed on Siboney and Daiquiri beaches, and battles took place in Las Gusimas, El Caney and San Juan. The armistice and capitulation of the city were signed under the Tree of Peace, near San Juan.

Domains for sale by Havana Journal:

SanJuanHill.com

1898.info

SpanishAmericanWar.org

Would you like to add more information?


Only members can add more information. Please register or log in

  • Advertise at Havana Journal Inc
Images of Cuba
Edificio Bacardi or the Bacardi building in Havana Cuba
Follow Havana Journal
SUBSCRIBE to our Cuba Watch newsletter
LIKE us on Facebook

FOLLOW us on Twitter

CONNECT with us on Linked In

Section Archive
Havana Journal, Inc. BBB Business Review



Member of the Association for the Study of the Cuban Economy