Havana Cuba Business Travel Culture and Politics

Havana Cuba News

Cuba Politics News

Posted November 14, 2007 by publisher in US Embargo

Email this article | Print this article | Search Havana Journal        

I had someone contact me from our sister site http://CubaLegalServices.com . This person is a Cuban American who was looking for information about getting a license to travel to Cuba to visit his son who is studying medicine in Cuba.

I sent him this information in an email and thought that it would be interesting to Havana Journal readers who might like to bookmark this article should they need licensed travel information.


There are a couple ways you can get to Cuba legally. You can try to go on a cultural license so maybe you can talk to http://www.crossculturalsolutions.org/

Since your son is there as part of an educational program, you should start by asking the educational institution since they must have a license. Maybe family members are allowed to visit or participate as a “chaperon” or something like that?

There is also this company http://cubafriends.ca/ you should contact. They might have some information for legal US travel to Cuba.

I put this list together of OFAC approved travel agencies, you might want to contact a few on the list and see what they have to say.


Also, it looks like you work in the healthcare industry. You might want to ask around. It is legal for US companies to sell drugs and medical supplies to Cuba. Maybe you know a device maker or pharma company that is working with Cuba? Try to piggy back on their license if they’ll let you. Maybe you can bring supplies or meet with some Cuban medical officials on their behalf?

With regards to searching your heritage to find Cuban ancestors and relatives, try this site http://www.cubagenweb.org/links.htm .

The OFAC lawyer that I have talked to is Robert Muse at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and his phone number is 202 887 4990. He should be able to help you get a license to travel.

The woman that gets Cuban birth certificates might be able to help you in some, her name is Patricia and you can reach her at 866 585 7882.

Okay, I think that will get you started in the right direction.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Would you like to add more information?

Only members can add more information. Please register or log in

  • Advertise at Havana Journal Inc
We recommend this AirBnB Food and Drink Experience... Cuban flavors: Food, Rum and Cigars
Images of Cuba
Capitolio in Havana in 1920s
Follow Havana Journal
SUBSCRIBE to our Cuba Watch newsletter
LIKE us on Facebook

FOLLOW us on Twitter

CONNECT with us on Linked In

Section Archive
Havana Journal, Inc. BBB Business Review

Member of the Association for the Study of the Cuban Economy