Havana Cuba Business Travel Culture and Politics

Havana Cuba News

Cuba Politics News

Posted January 14, 2006 by publisher in US Embargo

Email this article | Print this article | Search Havana Journal        

CBS4.com

The Bush administration has big plans for the island of Cuba once Fidel Castro is out of power. The designated man to conduct the complicated task US Cuba Transition Coordinator Caleb McCarry.

As his title implies, McCarry already has a protocol that the United States wants to follow that he believes will ensure the best interest of the Cuban people.

McCarry spoke to Only on 4 to Eliott Rodriguez.

“The dictatorship has a succession plan,” said McCarry. “The problem is the succession plan does not address the deprivation of the Cuban people.”

In his interview, McCarry points out that work is already underway to undermine the current dictatorship, the travel embargo being one of them. McCarry says that Americans are traveling dramatically less to the communist island and that has so far prevented approximately $500 million from reaching the island - money he says goes straight to Castro’s coffers.

Watch the video interview here with short clip of Castro falling.

http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_012213234.html

  1. Follow up post #1 added on January 15, 2006 by YoungCuban with 409 total posts

    “The Bush administration has big plans for the island of Cuba once Fidel Castro is out of power.”

    Doesn’t President BuSHit have only two more years left in his term?

    Is this a hint from Bush, think he may try to invade Cuba before his term is up?

    Seems to me when Bush speaks about his “big plans” for Cuba, in every other article Bush speaks as if he will out last Castro as president, or, try something before his term as the worse US president is over.


  2. Follow up post #2 added on January 16, 2006 by ElaineMiami

    Maybe the “Bush Administration” is counting on Jeb Bush being president for the next eight years, who knows. (Although with Bush’ decreasing popularity, I doubt anyone else in that family will ever become a U.S. president).  I think these plans for Cuba’ transition have their roots in the exile leaders, who continually plague U.S. presidents with their own agenda.  I’m sure that Cuba has its own plans for the future, regardless of what anyone in Washington is scheming up.


  3. Follow up post #3 added on January 16, 2006 by jesusp with 246 total posts

    It is hard to believe that we actually pay guys like this McCarry to conduct this type of activities, the arrogance and stupidity of a failed policy. It is no wonder our reputation around the world diminishes with every move this administration makes.


  4. Follow up post #4 added on August 20, 2006 by publisher with 3905 total posts

    Mr. McCarry,

    Where do you get your numbers? Same place you get your brains and morals I guess.

    It is my understanding that about 50,000 Americans go to Cuba a year. If that is the case then each person would spend an average of $10,000 on average. Even if 100,000 Americans go to Cuba ever year that would mean that they spend a whopping $5000 each? Think about it you dummy.

    Also, I like “work is already underway to undermine the current dictatorship”. Do you want to take credit for poisoning Fidel Castro?

    What an idiot. And, if you are ready this, the Havana Journal now owns CalebMcCarry.com and points it to this page so anyone typing in your name will be a bit more educated about your failed policies.

    Just keep sticking with that old failed Plan A Embargo. Yep, real creative!



    Cuba consulting services

Would you like to add more information?


Only members can add more information. Please register or log in

  • Advertise at Havana Journal Inc
Images of Cuba
Antique car interior
Follow Havana Journal
SUBSCRIBE to our Cuba Watch newsletter
LIKE us on Facebook

FOLLOW us on Twitter

CONNECT with us on Linked In

Section Archive
Havana Journal, Inc. BBB Business Review



Member of the Association for the Study of the Cuban Economy