Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY) and Rep. Jo Ann Emerson (R-MO) are introducing a new Cuba bill called “Promoting American Agricultural and Medical Exports to Cuba Act of 2007”. If passed it will:
1) Lift the travel ban
2) Remove pre-payment requirement for agriculture exports to Cuba
3) Allow for direct banking from Cuba in relation to payments from agricultural sales
4) Provide visas to Cubans whose intent is to inspect and/or purchase agricultural goods
5) Eliminate onsite verification requirement applied to medicine and medical devise exports
6) Repeal of Section 211
7) Support of an Agricultural Export Promotion Program with respect to Cuba administered by U.S. Department of Agriculture.
To make it simple, the bill will end the travel ban (same as HR 654) plus make it easier for U.S. farmers to sell their products to Cuba.
Go to this site http://www.thomas.gov/ and search for Cuba and you will find all the information regarding Cuba bills in the Library of Congress