2 of 2
Survey: Cuban Marriages with Foreigners - Do They Last?
Posted: 27 January 2010 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-01-27

My old travel partener (57) from the 70’s married a Cuban lady 10 years younger after a 2 year courtship. He had been travelling to Cuba for the previous 6 years and living in Casas before meeting his lady.
It took two years to clear the paper work to get her to Canada, she studied English during this time.
My friend got her a job working with two Mexican ladies cleaning in a hotel and changed his work so that he was home every night.
It lasted 4 months and she is now back in Cuba!
She missed her family and had the habit of making several phone calls home each day, it came to head when the phone bill hit $2500 for the last month.
He figured the Air fare was cheaper and it looks like she is not coming back.

Posted: 11 October 2014 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-07-31

Sorry for all the suffering I’m reading here however if you do your homework happiness awaits you.  I have been married to my Cuban (47/57) for 17 years now,  and we are still very much in love and happy.  We have lived in Canada together for the last 15 years,  travel annually back to Cuba to see family.  She still has a strangle on my heart and spirit and is so intoxicating.

Would I do it again?  NO,  but for her YES over and over again. it is not for the faint at heart.  It will test your very core,  and understanding of what love really is. 

So much you need to understand and learn about Cuba and Cubans. Too much to write here.  DO YOUR home work and do not wallow in denial.  If something doesn’t feel right or is too good to be true act on it.  TRUST BUT VERIFY . 

Unfortunately the one forum that use to dedicate itself to the heart of this matter discussed here has been shutdown and nothing has ever replaced it. 

Good luck.

[ Edited: 11 October 2014 10:41 AM by Holguin ]

2 of 2