CubaHotelDirectory.com and CasaCuba.com - Cuba domains
Posted: 10 December 2008 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

As regular readers know, I actively buy Cuba domain names from current owners, hand registrations and in drop auctions from Namejet, Snapnames or Pool.com. Here’s my summary of the past couple days of activity.

CubaHotelDirectory.com - I own CubaHotelReservations.com and CubaHotels.info along with other Cuba related hotel domains but no other ones that are Cuba Hotel… . Well, I saw that CubaHotelDirectory.com was not renewed by it’s current owner so I watched for the drop. I debated whether or not to put in a backorder for a drop ($59) or whether I should wait for the drop drop meaning a hand registration for $8.

I bet on the latter in part to save a few bucks but also in part to see if anyone else would see it dropping and if so, who would that person be.

Well, I’m happy to report that I am the proud new owner of CubaHotelDirectory.com for $8. Do you think I can double my money? grin

CubaMusic.info - Similar story to the above. It dropped and I got a discount on the .info registration so this cost me $1.99. The deals are out there folks!

Some people would say I’m crazy for telling you all this but I say the pool is big enough for all of us to swim in and I’m sure we’ll end up working together to cross promote our sites, share content and contacts and/or trade Cuba domains.

CasaCuba.com - This one does not have a happy ending :-(

I saw this dropping many weeks before the actual drop date. I wanted this domain.

As most people can see, this is just a great Cuba domain name. This would compliment other domains in my portfolio since I own casahabana.com, CasaDeLaHabana.com, CasaHabana.com, CasaMalecon.com, CasaMiramar.com, CasaVedado.com and CubaCasa.com. Add to that that Casacuba.org, CasaCuba.be and Casa-Cuba.com are developed and that CasaDeCuba.com is owned by another Player in the Cuba domain arena.

Here’s how the final bidding went down. The $69 were the initial backorder prices which are the minimum bids. So, there were 15 bidders in on this Cuba domain backorder which is a good amount for a Cuba domain.

#1 bidder   $402
#2 bidder   $392
me   $372
4   $131
5   $70
6   $69
7   $69
8   $69
9   $69
10   $69
11   $69
12   $69
13   $69
14   $69
15   $69

I figured $372 was PLENTY for this domain but apparently two other people disagreed with me. So, a reluctant congratulations to the high bidder. I hope he or she develops it to it’s fullest potential.

There were a couple more purchases yesterday that I can’t mention here for a variety of reasons but I wish I could mention them here. I hope my posts motivate others to invest in Cuba related domain names so they can be developed in preparation for a post-Embaro post-Castro Cuba.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 26 February 2009 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-02-26

New here - where can I see a list of all you Cuba domains?

Posted: 26 February 2009 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Thanks for asking.

http://Havana.biz

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 26 February 2009 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank