SanCristobalDeLaHabana.com, HabanaHotel.com and CubaSugar.com
Posted: 05 December 2008 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Even though I’m not sure there are m/any people out there buying Cuba domains like me, I thought I would post an update to this Cuba Business on the Internet Forum in order to talk about my recent Cuba domain purchases.

1. I think I am most proud of buying SanCristobalDeLaHabana.com for $20. Sure, it’s a pretty long domain but it is the official name of Havana Cuba.

2. I bought HotelHabana.com for $59 in a domain drop. CubaHotelBookings.com owner owns many Cuba city hotel domains including HotelHabanaLibre.com which is developed. He also owns HotelHabana.info. Famous domain investor Frank Shilling owns HotelCuba.com. So, I think $59 is a good investment for this Cuba domain name.

3. I simply hand registered MatanzasHotel.com. I’m not sure if there is even a hotel in Matanzas Cuba but for $8 per year, it’s worth the money so I own the domain so when there is a Matanzas Hotel, they’ll have to work with me if they want to use MatanzasHotel.com.

4. The domain name CubaSugar.com expired on October 30, 2008 and it has now been put to auction by the domain registrar Network Solutions through their domain auction service. CubaSugar.com was registered in November 2001 by Productores de Azucar de Cuba, Inc. of 9682 Fontainebleau Blvd in Miami Florida. By choice or by mistake they did not renew the domain so it expired and now it is in an exclusive auction closing on December 8, 2008. I am one of 20 bidders in the auction and it is closed to new participants. I was the high bidder at $260 but someone just outbid me so I’ll have to bid $280 if I want the domain.

There aren’t many buyers of Cuba domains today mostly because there really aren’t a lot of people interested in Cuba… yet. However, since this is a high quality Cuba domain and since the National Association Of Sugar Mill Owners Of Cuba owns CubanSugar.com, I think CubaSugar.com will bring a final bid of between $500 and $1000.

I’ll update the final price (and whether I won the auction or not) in this thread after December 8. If anyone reading this is interested in CubaSugar.com, let me know.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 08 December 2008 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

CubaSugar.com sold for $1900. I’m disappointed to see it go to someone else but since I don’t have any development plans, I won’t loose sleep over it, especially at $1900.

I am happy to report that I bought Casa-Particular.com today from a Player in the Cuba arena. It goes nicely with my Casas-Particulares.com.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services