Port of Cienfuegos update
Posted: 11 November 2008 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

DTCuba.com

The port of Cienfuegos, in the central Cuban province of the same name, has become one of the best terminals in the country.

From January to October, the Cienfuegos port handled 913,000 tons of cargo, an amount that must increase after all working stations are operational.

Changes in the infrastructure also include Administrative Services and Technical Services, Industrial Maintenance, Port Cleaning, Technical-Material Supplies, Human Resources, Commercial Exploitation, Accountability and Finances, and Engineering and Development.

The port handles bulk cargo of clinker for export and receives food for human and animal consumption.

The Empresa de Servicios Portuarios Cienfuegos plans to handle 1.2 million tons of cargo this year, an amount only exceeded by the port of Havana.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 18 November 2008 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2008-11-18

activitie in cienfuegos port has indeed increased a lot i was on holidays there at the end of 2007 and the port and bay was totally empty, i returned in 2008 a couple of days ago and the bay was buzzling with activity mainly related with all the petro industry and the refinery

Signature 

The Cuba Experience
All you need to know for your cuba holidays
cuba holidays

Posted: 18 November 2008 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

I understand the Chavez is “pumping” money AND oil into that port.

Any sense of housing in the area? Are people moving in to get good jobs?

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 23 November 2008 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2008-11-18

yes but it will take sometime since that reflects in real improvement of living condition in cuba

Signature 

The Cuba Experience
All you need to know for your cuba holidays
cuba holidays