http://www.havanatimes.org/?p=1091

Posted: 24 October 2008 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Edward,

Don’t get me started on this website.

It is secretly run by the Cuban government. The editor and publisher work for the Cuban media.

HavanaTimes.org is NOT an independent news organization or blog.

Do not be fooled. It is Cuban government propaganda.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 24 October 2008 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2006-12-27

Rob,

Are you serious?, as I said earlier I am planning to go to Cuba myself in December. I’m going with my cuban wife so she can see her mother for the first time in over two years.

I’ll contact Circles Robinson directly before I go in the hope that I can meet him. I intend to ask him directly if his publications are sponsored by the cuban government? Also, you replied to my earlier post as ’ A typical communist line ’ or something along those lines. Listen, my father’s favourite ever woman, apart from my mum and his mum (god rest her soul) is Margaret Thatcher. I’ve formed my own opions on what I believe is right and wrong. If you imagine our planet as a bucket full of water, is it fair that some people take far more than anyone else? and also is the supply of that water never ending?. Of course it’s not.

I’m not saying I’m a communist, I can’t be pigeon holed or stereotyped, I just know in my heart of hearts that greed and self interest is totally negative and destructive. Greed should be outlawed as it constitutes a serious crime, a crime against the majority of humanity. There’s too many double standards in this world, they are there to act as smoke screens to protect greedy peoples interests. Usually these interest are centered around power and wealth, at the expense of everyone other decent human being, I don’t have an issue with entrepeneurs and enterprise. There are ways of going about things that means you don’t have to stand on somebody else to get there.

The world is changing, the greedy people in this world (and they know who they are) stand out like a bad smell in a perfume store. Like all the other dinosaurs, their time will come.

Posted: 24 October 2008 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

So we should all be equal? Equally poor?

Regarding Havana Times… when the Cuban government’s top communist propaganda rag publishes the press release announcing a new “open minded thinking” blog from Cuba, I think it’s safe to say that that “open minded blog” is a propaganda tool of the Cuban government.

Read the Havana Times press release here http://www.periodico26.cu/english/news_cuba/october2008/publication101508.html

Also, their web designer is the translator for periodico26.cu as you can see in the footer of this article:

http://www.periodico26.cu/english/giants/opinions/innocence121807.htm

Ask Circles why he hides all this information.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 24 October 2008 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-27

Not equally poor, certainly not, equality doesn’t have to mean poverty. However there are for example football players over here as there are sports stars in the states who pull in excess of $200,000 per week. Their agents make millions touting these guys around like cash cows, also, on the sporting theme, didn’t Roman Abramovich make billions by buying shares directly off the very people that work so hard to keep countries in business. Only for him to benefit grotesquely at their cost, then up sticks and take his money out of Russia.

This kind of behaviour corrodes and corrupts the soul and sets a bad example. This is not to speak of the shady dealings that have gone on in order that Mr Abramovich stays the right side of Putin. Sorry to go slightly off beam here butI think it illustrates my earlier point regarding greed. We’re intelligent human beings, we shouldn’t be operating along the lines of base instincts like Hyenas or Jackals. Regarding the Havana Times situation, I’ve emailed Granma directly, if I here anything I’ll galdly let you know.

Posted: 24 October 2008 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

Exploitation is certainly bad but greed necessarily is not bad. It is a motivator.

Are Bill Gates and the founders of Google too rich?

If so, how much is too much? Do we need a government oversight committee so no one makes too much money? I will move out of that country.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 24 October 2008 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-27

I except that an appetite for self improvement is good for motivation. However, we should all be pulling in the same direction. Some elements of society profit in such a way that it dissenfranchises and alienates. On another note, what’s the betting that members of Havana Journal will be sharing a beer at a beach barbicue in Cuba within the next five years?

smile