El Jefe Sleeping with the Fishes?
Posted: 31 July 2008 12:01 AM   [ Ignore ]
30 to 49 posts
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2005-03-16

Last week was the 2 year anniversary since any one has seen “Big Daddy Long Legs in Public ! What are the odds that he is still alive ? The photos that are intermittently released make it look like a “Week End At Bernies” movie
Amy one think there are body doublies , or think he is just taking the ol “extended dirt nap”  ?

Posted: 31 July 2008 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Even though Cuba is locked down, there is no way they could keep it a secret for too long.

Conspiracy theories just don’t make sense.

If he was dead, his support staff of doctors, delivery people, cooks etc etc that must work for him or be on call 24 hours a day would all have to be reassigned if he was dead.

Surely one of them would say something to somebody or their spouses would realize that they are not going to work at the same place or same times etc etc.

So, maybe they can cover it up for a few days but not for much longer.

Fidel Castro is alive.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 01 August 2008 04:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2006-12-27

I don’t think so…

http://www.granma.cu/INGLES/2008/julio/juev31/32fidel.html

El Jefe is alive, anyway it’s going to take more than a few people moaning from the other side of the water to derail his legacy. When the great man does finally decide to move on his memory will live forever. I know it’s a hard pill for you guys to swallow but it’s fact.

Posted: 01 August 2008 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2007-07-07

one must then ask the question why would they keep his death secret for so long.  If he died two years ago I could see it happening, to give Raol (or anybody) time to get established.  But now, I see no reason they would hide his death any more than a couple days at best.

Posted: 01 August 2008 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

I think they might keep it quiet for up to a week if they could. I know I’ve said this before but I still believe that all hell might break loose. Also, they will have to prepare for the funeral so they are going to have to spend about a week rounding up all the dissidents and other “troublemakers” so there are no outbursts in front of the international media.

You think Raul can lock down the country and manage an international event like Fidel’s funeral? I don’t think he can.

There will just be too many emotions, too many opportunities for the Cuban people to interact with the tens of thousands for foreigners that will come in for the funeral.

How do you manage all that and feed everyone, provide shelter and sanitary facilities AND keep everything peaceful?

Just imagine the hazards of an event like that, building collapses, no drinking water, emergency medical situations, transportation, etc. The CIA will probably show up along with tens of thousands of Cuban Americans from Miami. Imagine how overwhelmed the Jose Marti airport will be, etc. etc.

AND all the international reporters will be there to documents EVERYTHING.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 02 July 2009 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-07-02

I dont believe El Jefe could be alive some peoples hope and other peoples controversy is so hard to know what to believe.

Signature 

Asian women

Posted: 07 July 2009 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2009-06-14

I guess if Granma says he’s alive….it must be true.

I just need a few days notice when they anounce his departure. It takes a few days to prepare for the GRAND PARTY I’m throwing at my Hacienda.

Muerete ya mariconzon !!!!

Posted: 20 December 2010 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-07-02

so whos invited to your party Gator reckon it would be a wild one do we get a invite…lol

Signature 

Asian women