Cuban dissidents announce Agenda for the Transition
Posted: 11 April 2008 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Miami Herald

A group of 18 well known Cuban dissidents Thursday announced in Havana that they had created an “Agenda for the Transition”—a political platform for the process that “is approaching” and which should take place in an “atmosphere of national reconciliation,” according to media reports from the island.

“We are convinced that the process of transition that is approaching in Cuba should take place in an atmosphere of national reconciliation,’’ said Martha Beatriz Roque, who with Vladimiro Roca directs the new organization.

Among the other members are Elizardo Sánchez, René Gómez Manzano, Félix Bonne Carcasés, Guillermo Fariñas, Jorge Luis García Pérez (Antúnez) and Francisco Chaviano and Héctor Palacios. Other dissidents, like Oswaldo Payá Sardiñas, did not answer an invitation to join the effort.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 11 April 2008 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

I’ll start by saying that I support a change from the communist government of Cuba but I do not support dissidents’ ties to Michael Parmly and the US Interests Section. Although this may be a way to get international recognition, I’m not sure it is a way to get recognition within Cuba.

Mr. Paya is wise for not associating with these dissidents. He is trying to change the communist government from within its own system whereas they are looking for assistance from a foreign country and not just any foreign country, the “evil empire” USA.

I have come out publicly supporting Mr. Paya and his decision to not be part of this Agenda for the Transition renews my desire to support him.

However, anyone brave enough to stir the pot down there has my support.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services