Slide show and movies of Cuba
Posted: 07 January 2008 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2007-11-12

Do you have any clear, sharp pictures and movies from Cuba?
On going project to create many Cuban themed shows need your photos and movies.

I have just assembed a test slide show about Cuba
It’s a short 4 minute show for you to see how it works.
Sorry about not having real Cuban music…. I could not find anything suitable on the net.
(Need fast moving music… do you have any?)

Working on a larger show, as soon as I get some decent images from people who traveled to Cuba.
I posted a message on this forum and asking for certain themed photos.
Please look it up if you’re interested contribute to this project (pictures and movies).

You may see the slide show here: http://www.webkruzer.com/cuba

You’ll have an option to click on the link to play or download it for your own use or website.
(right click and save with your mouse)
It’s free to use as long as you don’t modify the credits at the end. We need to give credit to all the people who were
involved with its production. It’s not much to ask for a free usage of the slide show.

You may contact me at: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

cheers

Signature 

“Money and morals are rarely in speaking terms” (Nero Wolf TV series)

Posted: 07 January 2008 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Fantastic production. Nicely done.

Havana must have been a beautiful place BC.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 26 March 2008 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-03-17

Webmasterdude:
I have just returned from 9 weeks in Hababa.  I did not take one single picture….long story.  Thank you for your amazingly beautiful slideshow. You captured so many of the real Habana moments, that, (I myself) felt and experienced.  I am always curious…was this your first time ?-(I doubt that), or, are you one of the many people, who return to Cuba…again and again?  I will be falling into the second category, with my second trip planned for the fall.  I will be attending the University of Habana, for Language and Cubano Culturo-(staying for a minimm of 4 months). My first trip felt like a new and enchanting love affair, that just got better and better everyday. We will see if my second trip has the same allure, or if it was simply the newness and wonder (I felt), as a first-timer?  Bottom line…...I felt alive…period…end of story.

Posted: 26 March 2008 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2007-11-12

Hi Shauna

Thanks for the complement on the slide show.
I am an American citizen, can not go to Cuba by law.
Wish I could go and take pictures and movies as a documentary.
Going to Canada and then go to Cuba still against the law.
So, I can’t go.

I suggest you to get an inexpensive didgital camera and take thousands of pictures smile
You don’t need more than 3 mp (megapixel) camera and can be had for less than 100 dollars.
However you need memory cards, several of them to bring back the images. (2 GB) maybe 4 of them.
I’d suggest SD type of card… and see if you can buy camera that takes those.
Canon has a whole line of excellent cameras… that even take movies for a few hundred dollars.

Once the system change in Cuba, I doubt the buildings will remain and will be demolished.
That’s what I want to preserve, if nothing else in images and on tape.
If you do manange to bring back pictures or movies, I’d love to create slide show for you and post it here.
All pictures and copyrights belong to you.

By the way, there is no cost to you.
I enjoy doing these slide show.

cheers

Signature 

Posted: 26 March 2008 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-03-17

Dear Webmasterdude:

Please so not be offended by my question, regarding your words…. “Once the system change in Cuba, I doubt the buildings will remain and will be demolished.”  I am simply and innocently curious…what change do you see occuring?  Having just returned from Cuba, (and having witnessed Cubans’ responses to the ‘new’ Castro..in charge)........the Cubans didn’t even bat an eyelash….. at the ‘change’.  The overall, generalized feeling was: same day…different shit (pardon my French).  Having seen this response by every single Cuban I met…I am curious…what other people (in the world) see changing, that the Cubans do not?  The Dictator handed his baton…to his baby brother. ..that’s all…same system.  I am Canadian, so, the thought of being anything other than—ridiculously polite, scares me to death…Seriously.
Sincerely,
Shauna

Posted: 27 March 2008 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2007-11-12

Hi Shauna

Well, am not concerned too much with any shift in power now… things will not change since Cuba has no money for new buildings.
What I am concerned is the ultimate ending of the communist hold on power and the rapid flow of US money to Cuba and a building frenzy.
Anything old must be demolished since it will be huge profits to be made for people who wants to buy something in Cuba.

The “Miami” Cubans have plenty of money to do just that.
They can reclaim their homeland and build a new country. Presevation of old Habana is not an interest, since there is little money in it.
Also, there are many, many Americans who would love to invest there and money is no object.

Sadly, one of the things many forgets, if Habana will be rebuilt like any American city, then why go there?
The attaction is the past.
The architecture and the way of yesteryear… not the Castros.

There are org formed in the US to preserve the structures and there are some laws are also introduced in Cuba to
protect historical landmarks…. just about all of Habana smile
Not gonna happen.
Money and corruption will triumph and the world will lose one of the most ‘romantic’ cities in the world.

I hope that the American group able to wield enough money (if need, bribe officials) to preserve and pass laws to
protect their past and future. Tourist will have large influence on the income of the people there and if they destroy the
past, there is nothing to see. I am referring to architecture and culture.

I wish to see one day Cuba, but that may not be possisble due to idiotic political decisions in the US.
The US helps hostile nations… like communist China buy having as a trading partner but not Cuba.
All thanks to the “Miami” Cubans and their political power.
Who says there is no corruption in the US?
There you are.

The US is blackmailed by a bunch of Cubans in this country to oppose any trading with Cuba.
(electe officials needs their vote… kind of blackmail)
Ya know, if the US allowed trading and investment in Cuba, the fall of the system would advance.
Look at the Chinese…. they’re just holding on the ideology of communism, but capitalistic movement and the
emerge of the middle class is the real driving power. People will never go back to ‘real’ communism once they tasted
some freedom and a better life.
It really don’t matter what kind of system you have as long as the people are happy.

I hope this kind of clear things up smile

Signature 

Posted: 28 March 2008 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-01-17

Oh, webmasterdude, you make such good points but this is such a loaded topic that that’s all I’m going to say.  I do hope you get a chance to go to Cuba. I’ve met Americans in Cuba so I know it’s doable. To have never been there but yet to have such a big place in your heart for it, should not go unrewarded. I will go through my photos…

Posted: 29 March 2008 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2007-11-12

Arteest

Thanks for your kind reply.
I understand that people have different opinion and may read something in my comments.
For every statement I made there are little ‘clauses’ that’s not visible and in reality it’s not to be take quite so literally smile
I am mostly pissed of the US government for their idiotic policies toward Cuba.

I do know that I can go to Cuba if am dishonest and disobey the my countrys law.
I obey ALL the laws of the land where I live and not selecting the ones is convenient to me.
Yes, even all the traffic laws as well smile

Perhaps I can join a ‘humanitarian’ group and go there legally.
That would be sham on my part.
Am not going to be a part of some hidden government propaganda (US).

But, hey…. I do like to see your pictures and see if I can put another slide show together smile

Cheers

Signature