1 of 2
canadian immigrate to Cuba HOW?
Posted: 05 January 2008 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-01-05

My wife is Cuban living with me in Vancouver for 10 years. We have 2 Canadian children together. We want to immigrate to Cuba, but can’t get any help from the toronto Cuban consulate . We are going in 3 weeks. We are not crazy! Could any one help? We are thinking of a lawyer in Cuba or something.
Thanks Matt

Posted: 16 February 2008 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-07-01

I don’t think you need a lawyer
your wife is a Cuban citizen, so you can go to Cuba as tourists, and being there apply for permanent residence in the immigration. I hope you have where to live or it could become a huge problem
madamVM

Posted: 05 March 2008 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-10-25

I’m not accusing you of being crazy or anything, but I am curious as to why you would want to move to Cuba at all. Is there a particular reason?

Signature 

Open English - Personalized English Learning

Posted: 28 June 2008 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2007-09-11

Unless you have sufficient cash reserves I would give you six months to commence thinking about returning to Canada. I know many people that has passed by the same.

Posted: 11 January 2010 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2006-02-23

Okay…why on earth wouldn’t you want to live in Cuba.

I know many Canadians that do and love it.  It is now very easy to become a dual citizen (as of last year)

Posted: 03 February 2010 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-02-03

Why?

- Top quality universal health care, shorter hospital wait time than in Canada
- All Cuban citizens enjoy free education, including university!!!
- Lower crime rates than all Canadian major cities
- Museums, National Ballet, Arts, Theatres, Music, History, etc… (especially in Havana)
- Mobile phone carrier and internet access to reach the rest of the world
- Warm!!!

I am contemplating immigration to Cuba as well.  I haven’t done much research yet but would appreciate anyone offering tips…

Posted: 26 February 2010 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-26

I?m glad that I found this post!!!! I thout I was going crazy!!! I’ve been dreaming of living in Cuba since I went there last year. But I can’t find any info how… My wife is not Cuban, we are both Portuguese, and we don’t consider living on money reserves….we want to work there… is it possible???

Posted: 06 August 2010 12:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2008-10-07

“We want to work there.” Are you kidding. What a dream world you live in.

Cuba is a failed totalitarian state in its final death throws. Go and enjoy the outcome.

Posted: 06 August 2010 12:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2008-10-07

Slee 1996: To live in Cuba…......

“Why?

- Top quality universal health care, shorter hospital wait time than in Canada
- All Cuban citizens enjoy free education, including university!!!
- Lower crime rates than all Canadian major cities
- Museums, National Ballet, Arts, Theatres, Music, History, etc… (especially in Havana)
- Mobile phone carrier and internet access to reach the rest of the world- Warm!!!

I am contemplating immigration to Cuba as well.  I haven’t done much research yet but would appreciate anyone offering tips…”

Then I suggest that you do your research.

Have you been to Cuba recently? Top quality universal health care? Have you ever been in a Cuban hospital with blood and urine stained sheets on the beds, and infection control measures never even heard of? Not to mention no medications available, or even basic sanitary needs. And you will have to feed yourself brother. They don’t do catering.

Best of luck dreamer.

Posted: 08 August 2010 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-26

I find it is in fact rather amusing when haters like you come here and tell us that we are crazy, dreamers, liars,and so on when we came from societies that like yours try to brainwash us from the beginning, and now that we have been there and seen for ourselves, and even decided to go and live there, you come and trow a bunch of trash into our way. If you don’t like it, live it alone. If you don’t like us live us alone. don’t waste our time sending us trash, the same we heard all of our lives and now we saw was lie. Cuba is not a totalitarian anything, you don’t even know what that is. Cuba is a apartidary democratic republic, with a good voting pools agenda, with good transparent results. And I don’t need no miami based journal to tell me it’s not so since I’ve followed the enrolment of the last elections personally, from the voting of the candidates to the last results. If you enjoy your lies you can keep them to yourself. I have eyes in my face and well functioning ears.

Posted: 23 March 2011 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2011-03-23

There are no jobs unless you hook up with a foreign firm.

You cannot buy property unless your Cuban spouse buys/trades for it.
It is third world living at first world prices.
Unlike many latin countries, Cuba’s passion is directed into civil pursuits and hence a great culture.
It is a tranquil lifestyle so long as you can put up with the little problems.

Matt, why would’nt you just go down there and see if you like it ? As a Canadian you have alot of leeway/options.

Posted: 24 March 2011 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-26

really?? Third world? With the embargo, you would think so, but when you gather all the info about the country, you get a diferent answer. It,s a third world country, because you can’t get there the new IPhone when it comes out?there is no hunger. Second lowest rate of child death in the world. 0,1% of analphabets. High ecological standards. United ideological strenght population. I know information in the US is very bad, but the 5 minutes you spend in the internet spreding lies, you could spend surfing for the truth.

Posted: 24 March 2011 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2011-03-23

Surfing for the truth? I get the truth from the streets of Cuba.

There are many things wrong with Cuba, but it is one of those places that get under your skin. I keep going back because I like the place. That does not mean that I can’t see there is no flour in the store or that someone stole 5 lbs out of the sack of rice to sell on the black market and replaced it with pebbles so that before you eat rice you get to sit there and pick out the pebbles before cooking it.

By the way, even the Cuban government admits the population is not getting the necessary level of nutrition/calorie intake.

Posted: 25 March 2011 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-26

never said that didn’t happen. But we need to point the fingers at the people who make that posible. The embargo. Still, we that live in “normal” capitalist countries have other limitations that for me are far more important. Like tha right to information. And don’t even give me some story about how good US media are because we both know that is not so. i live in europe and still I have better information than you do. And for me to watch telesur or cuban newspapers. The egiptian episode and now lybia are the best exemples.

Posted: 25 March 2011 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2011-03-23

Garbage!!

Shortages are a function of production shortfalls. The same shortfalls that befell everyone else behind the iron curtain.
When people lack incentives, it is mind boggling how unproductive they can be. [Aside: nine of the top ten countries for alcohol consumption are from behind the iron curtain with only the tiny fifedom north of Spain breaking up the clean sweep] The most glaring example is the economic miracle of China. Their first step toward a mixed economy was to liberalize farming, to allow farmers to sell for their own profit, anything produced above their quota. You saw the most amazing turnaround in production and China’s first (non-thieving, non-government)millionaires. As it appears, Cuba has that same types of problems.

Your information might be better than mine but your spelling is atrocious (see spellcheck function on bottom of page). By the way, I am not a resident of the land of Fox News.

[ Edited: 25 March 2011 01:55 PM by PocoPete ]

Posted: 25 March 2011 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-26

I’m replying using my mobile, and english is not my first language, so I am sorry for the misspelling.
You can go on, making the excuses you want. The embargo, is a non democratic way of forcing the cubans to live in US rules and wills. But there’s allways a good way to see who is right…  : lift the embargo, and then if the system doesn’t work there will be no excuses…. why continue with an illegal embargo for 50 years, making as Fidel said, history to proof him right?

1 of 2