CANE hurricane episode
Posted: 11 December 2007 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Sorry that I haven’t kept this forum up to date but I want to be more committed to it. Anyone have any thoughts on CANE?

I just watched the hurricane episode and have to say that I am most impressed by this episode. I thought the artist and Alex Vega’s wife was very well written and the acting was right on. Paola Turbay’s “dirty sex” description had my really paying attention to put it nicely as I’m sure many men across the country found her sexy delivery to be very engaging.

The home invasion scene was really well done. The dialog and acting were pretty good. Some of it was a little quirky but overall I liked it.

I always like Santos. He’s a great good bad guy or is he a bad good guy? That’s a great character and I like his delivery.

Overall, I think I liked this episode the most because it didn’t have the Samuel’s daughter in it. No offense to the actress but I just don’t find the character to be believable. Also, it didn’t have Michael Trevino who just has no delivery and generally just a boring character.

Maybe this is what’s holding me back from completely loving the show… the cast is just too big with the show just trying to cram too many characters and plot lines into a one hour show. Now I’m watching the second of two episodes tonight and the other side of the cast is having their turn. So, I’m not loving this episode. I think I’m liking the sexyness, Cubanidad and of course all the bad guys and crime situations. I can live without the romance and character development of characters that I don’t care about.

I’m no professional reviewer, just a guy watching a tv show. So, I’d love to hear comments from other folks who just want to talk about the show and others who might be a better writer than I am.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 12 December 2007 05:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2007-07-07

i agree - too many characters, as mentioned a few weak ones, are crammed into this Dallas meets the Sopranos series, with teh cast of both.
When I was in Cuba in Oct, I took the first 5 episodes to a friend there.  Unfortunately he’s been too busy so far to watch them, but I’m interested in what feedback he’ll give.

Posted: 12 December 2007 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Interesting. Might fit right into his stereotype for the Cuban Americans.

I liked the show last night but the ending when they were sitting around talking like it was no big deal that Alex and Frank were almost murdered in their parents house. No big deal I guess?

Signature 

Cuba consulting services