“After Fidel” on History Channel in Canada
Posted: 23 November 2007 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2004-12-08

On Friday Nov. 23 at 8:00 P.M. the History Channel in Canada will be airing the program “After Fidel”

Posted: 23 November 2007 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

I just searched history.com and don’t see any shows on Fidel Castro coming up. If you find the show on the web, please post a link. Thanks.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 23 November 2007 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2004-12-08

“After Fidel”

more info at http://www.history.ca

World Broadcast Premiere
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23 AT 8 PM ET/PT

In this documentary, former network television correspondent Michael Maclear revisits an extraordinary interview with Castro several months after he took power.

After almost 50 years in power, a gravely ill Fidel Castro has handed the reins to his little known brother, Raul, and all of Cuba tenses for the reality of life after Fidel.

Fidel has outlasted ten U.S. presidents and in the process dictatorially shaped this small island nation into a global force unlike any other: a Third World nation that exports soldiers, doctors, and teachers to other emerging nations.

Now the struggle is at home: to withstand the inevitable onslaught of American interests and ideology After Fidel.

Posted: 23 November 2007 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Thanks. It must be a Canadian program only. I don’t see it on History.com or the History channel line up, not even in a search. If it gets linked up online, let me know.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 23 November 2007 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2007-07-07

from closing credits is clear that you’re right - its a canadian production.  One of the best programs on Cuba i’ve seen.