My school project on Cuba
Posted: 17 November 2007 02:42 AM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-11-17

Hello,

I am doing a project on Cuba, and I’m rather excited about learning about a whole new country.

I am interested: what are your favorite celebrations and holidays?

I would like to learn about Cuba, and would be grateful to hear some facts and opinions.

If I am in the right place, then I would love to great things about Cubans and their culture.

Thank you

svp

Posted: 17 November 2007 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

The Havana Journal is a great resource for learning about Cuba. Click around at the top of HavanaJournal.com and start reading about topics that interest you. Go into the Directories and find other sites that might have the information you are looking for.

Also, our search engine will find articles with keywords that interest you and there is a photo gallery.

Good luck. If you have specific questions, feel free to post them here.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 19 November 2007 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-11-17

Hey, thanks for the reply

Can we have a discussion (anybody) about your Cuban celebrations and holidays?
I’m trying to understand Cuba though feeling rather than just plain facts.
Personal testimony would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted: 28 June 2008 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2007-09-11

The most popular celebrations are “El Fin de Aņo” the end of the year party, is somehow family and friends and is celebrated on December 31st of each year. People may not have enough food but they would likely put aside some money to buy a piece of pork, rice and black beans for the party.
The Christmas is also popular, is celebrated on Dec 24 instead of the 25 like in US.
The carnival in July used to be extremely popular with couple of weeks of dancing, music, beer and food boots on the streets. Later on the 90s they were slowly disappearing due to the impossibility of the empowerment to fund the festivities.
On a carnival night on July 26, 1956 a guy named Fidel Castro and a bunch of kids assaulted the “Moncada” Fort in Santiago de Cuba (the second biggest Cuban City). They choose that day basically because it was a very popular festivity and most people were celebrating on the streets including many army personnel.
They went to one of the gates and without any advise killed few of the guards. That is considered today TERRORISM. That’s the kind of people that is governing Cuba today.

Posted: 01 April 2010 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-03-25

I would write about the things that Cuba are famous with like how it is a tropical paradise, and it’s famous 1st class cigar manufactoring, and the revolution…..their are tons of amazing things to read on Cuba