2 of 2
open business in Havana
Posted: 07 September 2009 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

bootornado,

Chill out man and no personal info please, especially of your references.

Thanks.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 07 September 2009 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2009-01-21

Wow interesting reply, but I though you would of understood my point that yes Cuba needs infrastructure like roads, bridges etc.  But that is not my forte, and if I am looking out for my best interests, I am going to stick to what I know.  And of course I believe in win/ win situations as well.  Cuba may need roads, but another hotel, bar or restaraunt will still help the Cuban people more than nothing.  Once there is an increase in tourism the govt. will respond to fixing up the roads etc. as the needs will have to be met to keep the economy growing.  It is already showing in developmental areas and a rising tide will lift all boats.  I also plan on retiring to Cuba in the next 4 or 5 years and will employ a few full time employees as staff and personal assts. as well and have found that many have a good understanding of English and are very well educated.  Many people have such a misunderstanding of this.  My plan is to open a small tourist bar/ restaraunt that caters to the US/ Canadian crowd w/ a sports bar type of theme.  Something small that I can manage w/ 2 or 3 employees.  I will find out more over Thanksgiving, this will be my 15th trip to Cuba since 2000 and I have seen many positive changes since then.

Signature 

Mark Green
millionaireblueprints.scriptmania.com

Posted: 08 February 2010 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2010-02-08

With regard to restaurants etc., in general the Cuban state believes they can do that themselves. There have been a few cases where there have been such businesses run by a Cuban company but with “technical assistance” from a foreigner - I am not sure how they turned out. But I am pretty sure you would need to be already in that business.

There are other businesses where foreigners are allowed to be involved in joint ventures - though there have been very few JVs approved in the last couple of years.

Posted: 11 October 2010 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2009-01-21

Hello, anyone going to Havana soon? I will be there the first week of December and plan to stay at the Nacional for a week and see how things are going with the foreign investment act and in particular to see if the hotel/restaraunt/tourist business opps are going in a positive direction.  If anyone else is going let me know, I have not been for a year and am excited about the new opps there.  No naysayers please, for those like beardotardo and the like, I have heard from so many people that there is no j/v possibilities and that the cuban people don’t want it wah wah wah, but I see everything to the contrary and so does several other companies like Sheraton, Leisure Canada and several others.  Cuba cannot possibly handle the volume of tourism that will increase when we no longer have a travel ban and will be looking for many partners in tourism based business applications.  This of course is my opinion, but an educated one as I have spoken several times with an atty in Havana that has extensive knowledge of the foreign investment act.  So what do you think ?

Signature 

Mark Green
millionaireblueprints.scriptmania.com

2 of 2