Anyone with Habanos, Limited Edtions knowledge, please help
Posted: 03 October 2007 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-10-03

Okay, i’ve been smoking cubans since ‘89, lucky enough to know - i’ll leave that right there.  Anyways, some guys at work BEGGED me to bring them a box of cubans.  I did, which were Cohibas Limited Edition, 2005. Less than 48 hours later they told me i gave them fake cubans.  Why?  Well, on Habanos website they showed only 3 cigars that were labeled as “LE” for that year, and Cohiba was not one of them.

So, anyone out there that could shed some light on this for me would be greatly appreciated.  The boxes of 2005 of LE that i have smoked in the past, pass the “fake vs. real” test, matter of fact, i double checked all the boxes i kept from the past & they passed.

Frustrated, just want to knock my co-workers out for calling me what they did.  Would love to throw this back in their face.  Thank you in advance for any knowledge on this.  If anyone knows of a article of Habanos practices or something, ah heck, just babbling now….

peace,
gonzo

Posted: 03 October 2007 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Here’s our analysis of fake vs. real Cohiba Esplendidos http://havanajournal.com/cigars/cohibas .

Also, if you bought the cigars anywhere else but from a Casa del Habano, they are 99% most likely fakes or some real with mostly fakes.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 03 October 2007 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-10-03

Dear Admin (or others) -
  Okay, the boxes/cigars that i have pass ALL your tests - okay, i’m not wasting a cigar but i will now to triple verify.  So, the only thing i have to verify that i’m right is the boxes, and their stance is Casa de Habanos website says that there are ONLY three cigars that came out that year.  Are they incorrect in their statement/stance?  Does every brand come out with “LE” each year?  Again, thank you so far, i just want to prove my point with them.  I trust my cuban family (have to withold names) that has shown me the difference between real & fakes for almost two decades.  I’m highly considering calling the number on their website to ask them, but that seems impossible, not knowing how to speak Cuban.

peace,
g

Posted: 03 October 2007 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Try these guys http://friendsofhabanos.com/

Good luck.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 03 October 2007 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]