never been
Posted: 19 September 2007 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-09-18

I have never been in Cuba before.  not that i am definately going, but i would like try and plan a trip for this winter.  if i were to spend 10 days there where would be the best places to go?
if anyone can send me info at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) I’d really appreciate.

Posted: 19 September 2007 06:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Really depends what you want to do. Go to Varadero or Cayo Coco for the beach. Habana Vieja for the culture. Santiago de Cuba or Trinidad for old Cuba. If you give me an idea of what you would like to see and do, I can give you more information and links to specialty sites.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 19 September 2007 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2007-07-07

i’ve found Varadero a good place to get started.  Close to Havana for a day trip.  Plenty of English speaking tourists and workers.  Hotels and shops that offer comforts you might miss elsewhere and still enough Cubans to know that you’re in Cuba.
However if you’re looking for the “real” Cuba first time round, avoid Varadero.

Posted: 19 September 2007 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
30 to 49 posts
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2005-03-16

If you have never been ; then don’t go to Varadero. Stay in the US and go to Ft Lauderdale. . If you want to see th real cuba start in la habana vieja and venture out to wonderful places like Vinales in Pinar del Rio . Or to to Santa Clara for some history. Then venture on to Playa Giron for some of the most pristine beautiful beaches on the island are Another day at the bay of pigs There is just so much to experience ....and veradera is not it ,at least not the first time

Posted: 29 September 2007 10:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-09-18

Thanks for your responses. More ideas welcome at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 14 March 2008 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
30 to 49 posts
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2008-01-24

If you have the luxury of money, try Miramar. Further to the west this area is home to some of the most expensive hotels, restaurants in Havana and the majority of the country’s foreign embassies.

Signature 

—Check more of my experiences at http://travelbargainhunters.ning.com/