Fidel Castro’s latest Reflection - The empire tastes an unprecedented moral defeat
Posted: 23 August 2007 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Note: According to the signature line, this was written yesterday afternoon. If the rumors of Fidel’s death are true, then someone else wrote it. If Fidel did write this one then his health must be suffering. It is very short and he has not been seen for months now. Seems like the end (or should I say the beginning) is near.

The words of Roberto González, a lawyer born to a Cuban family that fled to the United States during the dictatorship and returned to Cuba following the triumph of the Revolution, come to mind as I begin to reflect on this issue. Like René, he was born in the United States during his family’s sojourn there. He has been fighting tirelessly to obtain the release of his brother René, who endures cruel and unjust imprisonment, as do four other heroes who sought to defend their country in the struggle against terrorism.

“The worst thing that can happen to us is to allow a sense of defeat or victory paralyze us; we will have won in the case of the Five when they have set foot in Havana… for this is the kind of trial that is won with facts many times over but is lost before the Law, by virtue of the judges’ decision”.

These are wise and sensible words, spoken by a true expert at war against shameless actions. Even he expressed his surprise at what transpired.

During the Round Table program, we were given a sense of the importance of the testimonies afforded, in the city of Atlanta, by 73 world-renowned experts in international Law. There, it was shown beyond the shadow of a doubt that the felonies imputed to the accused, resulting in convictions unanimously approved by a supposedly impartial jury, in the last community on Earth where one could expect a fair verdict, were never in fact committed. Each and every one of statements made at the Round Table or over the phone, by those who spoke and those who have yet to speak, must be read word by word and analyzed.

In real espionage cases, recently tried in the United States, convictions usually do not exceed a 10-year prison sentence. The charge of conspiracy to commit espionage brought against our five compatriots has not even been proven. Their cruel and unusual fate, and that of their relatives, reflects the perfidious overt policy pursued by Washington of using terrorism against the Cuban people, a policy which, for nearly half a century, has been in violation of the most elementary norms set down by the United Nations and encroaching upon the sovereignty of nations.

There are many important and proven facts that I could add, but I wish to be brief so that these words may be transcribed and published by the Cuban press. The most important thing is for our people to develop a solid and unshakable conscience of these realities.

Fidel Castro Ruz
August 22, 2007
4:35 p.m.

To read the original source http://www.juventudrebelde.co.cu/cuba/2007-08-23/the-empire-tastes-an-unprecedented-moral-defeat/

and to read all Fidel’s Reflections http://www.juventudrebelde.co.cu/cuba/2007-08-10/reflections-by-fidel-castro-ruz/

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 23 August 2007 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

Note: The Cuban Foreign Minister said Fidel is doing just fine so between this and the Reflection above, there’s your proof that Fidel is fine and it’s just a matter of time before he is back running the country…yeah, right!

Fidel Castro is doing ‘very well’

Cuban leader Fidel Castro is doing “very well” and is determined to fully recover from ill health, Cuban Foreign Minister Felipe Perez Roque has said.

The minister said Mr Castro maintained “permanent” contact with leaders of the Communist party and the government.

His comments come amid growing rumours about the health of Mr Castro, who has not been seen in public since he had intestinal surgery in July 2006.

The illness forced Mr Castro, 80, to hand over power to his brother, Raul.

“Fidel is doing very well,” Mr Perez Roque told reporters during his visit to Brazil.

The minister added that Mr Castro was “disciplined in his recovery process”.

Earlier this month, Mr Castro issued a statement saying he was fighting relentlessly for a full recovery.

Uncertainty

Since his emergency surgery, Mr Castro has only been seen in photographs and short video broadcasts on Cuban state television.

In July, Mr Castro did not appear at Cuba’s National Rebellion Day celebrations - for the first time in 48 years.

Secrecy surrounding his condition has fuelled rumours about the extent of his health problems and his eventual political future.

However, Cuban officials have repeatedly said he will eventually resume office.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 23 August 2007 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2007-05-05
Publisher - 23 August 2007 04:20 PM

Note: The Cuban Foreign Minister said Fidel is doing just fine so between this and the Reflection above, there’s your proof that Fidel is fine and it’s just a matter of time before he is back running the country…yeah, right!

Fidel Castro is doing ‘very well’

Cuban leader Fidel Castro is doing “very well” and is determined to fully recover from ill health, Cuban Foreign Minister Felipe Perez Roque has said.

The minister said Mr Castro maintained “permanent” contact with leaders of the Communist party and the government.

His comments come amid growing rumours about the health of Mr Castro, who has not been seen in public since he had intestinal surgery in July 2006.

The illness forced Mr Castro, 80, to hand over power to his brother, Raul.

“Fidel is doing very well,” Mr Perez Roque told reporters during his visit to Brazil.

The minister added that Mr Castro was “disciplined in his recovery process”.

Earlier this month, Mr Castro issued a statement saying he was fighting relentlessly for a full recovery.

Uncertainty

Since his emergency surgery, Mr Castro has only been seen in photographs and short video broadcasts on Cuban state television.

In July, Mr Castro did not appear at Cuba’s National Rebellion Day celebrations - for the first time in 48 years.

Secrecy surrounding his condition has fuelled rumours about the extent of his health problems and his eventual political future.

However, Cuban officials have repeatedly said he will eventually resume office.

Now Go to the original Spanish article in the original paper and you see a curious note at the bottom, That says ” This article has being transcribed”
Why is that ?
Why did Ex- General, Jose Quevedo Perez, said tonight on America Teve at 8 PM tonight, “Castro is Dead”
And that he is in Contact with at least 34 Generals of the FAR who want Raul out ?
If you do not believe it, Go to America teve.com Channel 41 Miami Fla, Contact the 8 PM program through the email reporter Oscar Aza and ask for the transcripts.
too many sources close to sources inside the Island saying he is dead.
Then You Have Carlos Villasa, one of Castro’s personal body guards who defected recently, on Mega TV channel 22 Miami Fla ,Last night at 8 PM, He said Castro is dead and his wife is the one in charge of his remains and keeping it secret.
” He says Raul has Major problems of getting the High up Generals to cooperate with him as they want change and now”
He says Castro was ill from way before and that he assisted him many times in th middle of the night to rush him to the military hospital in his compound.
You can contact Maria Elvira Salazar at Mega TV in Miami And maybe get a tape or transcript from her.
Another ex high official in that show last night revealed many other secrets of what is going on in the island.

Signature 

“My Friends are those who think alike”

Posted: 23 August 2007 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

Wajiro,

Thanks for posting. VERY good information. Tomorrow will be one week since the flair up on Friday August 17. I hate live on “high alert” but your post is very interesting.

FYI, Peter Perez has been permanently banned from the Havana Journal and all his posts have been removed by default. I thought I’d mention it since you might see some holes in other threads.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 23 August 2007 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-05
Publisher - 23 August 2007 05:02 PM

Wajiro,

Thanks for posting. VERY good information. Tomorrow will be one week since the flair up on Friday August 17. I hate live on “high alert” but your post is very interesting.

FYI, Peter Perez has been permanently banned from the Havana Journal and all his posts have been removed by default. I thought I’d mention it since you might see some holes in other threads.

Well Peter has some interesting sources, whatever happened ? , I didn’t see what the problem was or what he posted that got him banned.

Now I know for a fact ,because I live 2 blocks from the Miami Dade Police headquarters, that Friday night something was supposed to be announced, many police cars were driving by with white numbers on their back windows, the cops were dressed in black anti-riot uniforms, that was around 6 PM.
At 9 PM a bunch of Cops came to the Cuban Coffee cafeteria on the corner and I was there and asked what was going on a young cop that went to school with my son.
He said they had being placed on alpha bravo status, I asked what that meant ? and he said possible riot in little Havana.
I told him I just drove through there and saw nothing, there has never being a riot in Little Havana, we just don’t riot like that.
He said well I meant Crowed control in case they announce Castro’s death.
I said did he died ?, he just shrewed his shoulders
He said we have being stand down now, then I heard that satellite truck were in front of Versailles Restaurant on 8 street where the last celebration took place when they announced Castro was no longer running Cuba and he was dying ,remembered ?
So We headed over there and there was nothing, but I asked the old guys that are always there, and they said yeah Channel 4 was here with a satellite truck asking us if Castro was really dead this time.
We hung around until 1 AM to see if something was announced and Nothing.
But i have to say or ask , where is he, no one is seeing him anymore and why does the Granma end his reflection with a commentary like that ? Who is then writing these reflections ?, as I have said before It is not even the way that Castro expresses himself in the correct Castilian Spanish, it is someone with less education writing these things. IMO

Signature 

Posted: 23 August 2007 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

Interesting insight into Castro’s Reflections.

All quiet from here and the sources of information I read and know.

Regarding Peter, he really showed his cards. Last Friday night and other times, he posted comments here and at Cubamania that the reader would think that Peter wrote himself. That was not the case time after time. I asked him to please post his source so that reader’s do not get the impression that he was writing the articles. Many were copied and pasted from BabaluBlog.com. 

As you know, Cubamania can be a very uncivil place which is very unfortunate. Peter sent me a VERY threatening PM via Cubamania. Then he started this thread where you can read everything for yourself.

Sorry to bring all this personal stuff out in the Forum but I want Havana Journal readers to know with whom they are dealing with.

Here’s the thread Henry started http://www.cubamania.com/cuba/showthread.php?t=19516

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 24 August 2007 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-05
Publisher - 23 August 2007 06:08 PM

Interesting insight into Castro’s Reflections.

All quiet from here and the sources of information I read and know.

Regarding Peter, he really showed his cards. Last Friday night and other times, he posted comments here and at Cubamania that the reader would think that Peter wrote himself. That was not the case time after time. I asked him to please post his source so that reader’s do not get the impression that he was writing the articles. Many were copied and pasted from BabaluBlog.com. 

As you know, Cubamania can be a very uncivil place which is very unfortunate. Peter sent me a VERY threatening PM via Cubamania. Then he started this thread where you can read everything for yourself.

Sorry to bring all this personal stuff out in the Forum but I want Havana Journal readers to know with whom they are dealing with.

Here’s the thread Henry started http://www.cubamania.com/cuba/showthread.php?t=19516

Seems to be a personal thing with you, but I met Peter and he is a hell of a nice guy.
As far As I know he writes in Babalu blog under another alias IMO.
Maybe it was his own stuff he was re posting in Cuba mania, I stopped going there because there is a few Jerks in there.
But I know Peter works with X military from the Island and has being successful in bringing quite a few out that have defected, his father use to do the same thing, maybe he does not want to post his sources as it is a very dangerous situation.
You just don’t say Pedro Perez of the minit in Cuba told me, blah blah blah.

Now Up to the Minute: America TEVE channel 41 is receiving phone calls saying the streets in Havana are Buzzing with the news that Castro is dead and they think an announcement will be made at 5PM I heard a few of those calls.

They said the rumor began to circulate at around 11 AM and is going wild with people standing on street corners talking about it.
Something which the government IMO did not want, congregation of people in Corners can bring about another Maleconaso like in the late 80s when the youth in bicycles and on foot began to chant, Liberty liberty and the group got bigger and bigger and marching toward the Government buildings, they were stopped by police and army.

Maybe this is also a plan from some in the INTERNET including our friend PP to make the Rumor so great it would reach the ears of Cubans in the island, who would take to the streets ? This is a big Possibility as a sublimation of the people in Cuba is what is needed right now to oust Raul and his cronies, IMO>
Alex

Signature 

Posted: 24 August 2007 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

Thanks for the that very interesting update. I have received info from another source that something is up in Miami but I will wait a bit before I post more info.

About Peter, he was copying and pasting content posted at other sites here and at Cubamania. The way he was posting his stories gave readers the impression that HE was the author and/or source of the information. I sent him an email asking for clarification and he refused to comment on my request.

I posted the original source below two of his posts on Cubamania and he then sent me the threatening PM at Cubamania.

Because of his personal threat to me and the fact that I don’t want blatant and repeat plagiarizers here, I banned him. He may be a great guy off line but his online behavior is unacceptable to me.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 24 August 2007 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-05
Publisher - 24 August 2007 11:07 AM

Thanks for the that very interesting update. I have received info from another source that something is up in Miami but I will wait a bit before I post more info.

About Peter, he was copying and pasting content posted at other sites here and at Cubamania. The way he was posting his stories gave readers the impression that HE was the author and/or source of the information. I sent him an email asking for clarification and he refused to comment on my request.

I posted the original source below two of his posts on Cubamania and he then sent me the threatening PM at Cubamania.

Because of his personal threat to me and the fact that I don’t want blatant and repeat plagiarizers here, I banned him. He may be a great guy off line but his online behavior is unacceptable to me.

5 PM came and went and the TV stations in Miami say there is no verification yet , from Cuba or the US Departments.
The Coast guard and the Local police denied there is any alert.
But the X Cuban Generals in Miami Continue to say they have first hand info he is dead !
Most here are waiting 6 PM the Mesa Redonda Program in Cuba where Alarcon is suppose to appear to make some kind of announcement, no one knows what it wil be about.
I Will continue to monitor the situation from down here.

http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI59192/

Signature 

Posted: 24 August 2007 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-05

GENERAL ASSERTS POSSIBILITY OF RAUL’S DEPARTURE FROM CUBA
August 24, 2007 in Military/Defense, Government, Commentary

Journalist Oscar Haza, who hosts A Mano Limpia — a popular public affairs television program on Miami’s Channel 41 (America Teve) — interviewed last night ex-Brigadier General José Quevedo Pérez (who was the Chief of Logistics for the Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces — FAR and defected last year) about the current state of Cuban politics and that of the military.

The general, who inadvertently confirmed while being questioned by Haza of the contacts he has with active Cuban military, asserted that high ranking military officers have made contact with the U.S. Government in the past and present.

For example, he cited a message sent to a US Senator by Major General Raúl Menéndez Tomassevich, who died in 2001 and was commander of Cuban Communist Forces in the War Against the Bandits (Lucha Contra los Bandidos ) as well as leading troops in Angola. Tomassevich said in his message, according to Quevedo Pérez, of his disillusionment in the course of the revolution. He also spoke of the chiefs of the three armies (Central, Eastern and Western) about their allegiances and command.

Quevedo Pérez also made the assertion of the possibility that Raúl Castro might leave Cuba for Spain.

There has been information being circulated over pressures being exerted on Raúl by family members to leave Cuba when Fidel does die.

The General Might be back on tonight at Americateve.com Click on A mano Limpia con Oscar Haza at 8 pM Eastern.

FYI; This is one of the ones PP got out of Cuba.

Signature 

Posted: 24 August 2007 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

Thanks. Still nothing. Maybe the generals know something or maybe they are being fed disinformation just to flush out the dissenters?

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 24 August 2007 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-05
Publisher - 24 August 2007 02:38 PM

Thanks. Still nothing. Maybe the generals know something or maybe they are being fed disinformation just to flush out the dissenters?

Could be ,it has happened before.
Locally the rumor is still going.
The 8PM broadcast at americateve changed the schedule and didn’t show General quevedo, it’s all strange stuff going on.

Signature 

Posted: 25 August 2007 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-05

A Large group of People celebrated until early this morning in Front of The Versailles Restaurant in Little Havana.
No Confirmation of anything as of yet.
Cuban Americans believe all the signals from the Island say He is dead.
We’ll wait and see.

Signature