Looking for CANE show information - Premier date?
Posted: 10 July 2007 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Right now I know we can WATCH A LONG PREVIEW OF THE SHOW HERE and that it will be on at 10pm on Tuesday nights but I have not been able to find the season premier date.

If you have seen the video, what do you think of the show? Will it be a big hit?

Also, there are a few comments posted to the story New Fall CBS television show CANE about Cuban Americans in Miami on our main site.

NOTE: We have purchased the domain name CaneForum.com and have pointed it to the Forum where this thread lives.

We will launch a new CANE thread for each episode so people can comment on the show.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 24 July 2007 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

Still no news on the Premier date but here’s another story about the show. They will be filming in Palm Beach on August 10.

Palm Beach has a sweet spot in new drama Cane

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 29 July 2007 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-07-29

Hello-
New to the Forum, thanks….

The trailer says that the show premiers September 25, so that day will be marked on my calendar and no matter where I am in the world, I will be watching it!!
Will the show be a success? Well, the fact that Smits was able to be a co-executive producer AND pull an all “Latino” cast is a success in itself although I am sure some “Latinidad” had to be sacrificed in order to get it through the Anglo filters. It’s sad that it’s still that way, but maybe with time as actors like Smits become the trendsetters in placing images of Latin characters in the limelight, it will open up spaces to create other kinds of storylines, etc.
I am interested to see what areas of South Florida are chosen to be the settings for the scenes. Too bad it’s on network TV- that means there’s no chance of seeing Smits give up any of the good stuff wink

Saludos a todos y gracias por el sitio!

Posted: 29 July 2007 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

I missed that. Thanks for posting. The show is on CBS so it will be “whitened” up a bit. I just hope the producers know what they are in for making a show about Cuban Americans. I they the Cuban Americans will only pick on the show for the negative things and not give them credit for any of the positive things.

Well find out in a couple months.

Stay tuned to this CaneForum.com

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 09 August 2007 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-07-29

Actually, we have a little under two months before we have yet to see the effects of this production. I truly believe that this will not let us down, and will bring up some moments in history that are relevant to the “fictional Latino Unity Psyche” today….ejemplos: 1) Sugar cane affects more than Cubans..I think all gente caribeņo can relate to anything that has to do with sugar cane and 2) South Florida as a setting.
I am anxious to see this work and have nothing but big questions ahead. XOXOX Saludos, Moni

Posted: 15 August 2007 04:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

Confirmed premier date is Tuesday September 25 at 10:00pm on CBS.

Here’s a little more info on the show date August 14 from Lisa Petrillo of CBS4:

Smits was in town filming scenes for the new drama “Cane” this past weekend, as some Miami Dolphins fans got a birds view, and a chance to make it on the small screen. He took the field at Dolphins Stadium on Sunday, in order to film some scenes for the show during the real Jacksonville Jaguar vs. Miami Dolphins game.

As Smits delivered his lines for the show, fans were able to be part of the action.

Smits says bringing the show to South Florida has been a great experience. “Shooting the show in South Florida is wonderful. Everytime we�re here, the people have been great. We hope to bring that vibe that South Florida is so unique, to audiences,” Smits told CBS4’S Lisa Petrillo.

The scene at Dolphins Stadium was shot in just two takes and then Smits was back to the field for the actual coin toss. He told us the show will remain focused on the true Cuban American lifestyle and shooting it here really helps with its authenticity.

Smits seemed to enjoy being on the field during the game and even stood next to Dolphins Defensive end Jason Taylor during the National Anthem.

There is a short video of Smits in the stadium here http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_226123907.html

Signature 

Cuba consulting services