Future business opportunities in Cuba
Posted: 10 July 2007 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

I wonder what people think about future business opportunities in Cuba. Are you planning an online business or “on the ground” business in Cuba? Maybe a services business? Any ideas would be interesting to read about.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 11 July 2007 04:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2006-12-27

I would certainly be interested to hear from anyone who is based at present in Miami for example and is involved in the printing business. As and when the economy in Cuba starts to open up there will be opportunities for all kinds of business’s, expertise and investment.

My specific interest would be short run digital printing, reports, short run book printing (on demand) conference and training material. On my previous visits to Havana I was hard pressed to find any printing facilities. Obviously anyone operating a printing press in Cuba in the present environment would be closed down immediately.

http://www.intypelibra.co.uk

Ed

Posted: 11 July 2007 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

GREAT idea and good business opportunity. Maybe even SELLING printing presses to Cuba after…

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 11 July 2007 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2006-12-27

Hi

There would certainly be a huge market for reconditioned machines, offset and digital, together with the necessary expertise in print and printing business consultancies.

Posted: 23 August 2007 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-06-22

I don’t have any business plans as of yet, however, I wouldn’t mind investing in some land or real estate though.  A condo or maybe build a vacation home down there, close to the ocean.

Signature 

cubandan.blogspot.com

Posted: 12 September 2007 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2007-09-11

After Castro Cuba have a lot to offer: well educated population avid of having a better life. It would be definitely a challenge because a lot of people got used to living without having a proper job.
On the other hand big corporations would be able to reopen and retool factories fairly easily without having to spend a lot of money in training.
I would try to open a Medical walk in Clinic putting emphasis on good Doctors, personalized attention and good equipment.

Posted: 26 March 2008 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2008-03-21

I would like to talk to anyone who would like to go into a concrete production or paving business in Cuba someday. My phone # is 715 896 4742. Since about a year after the fall of communism in Russia, I got the idea that communism in Cuba in Cuba would not last much longer, boy was I wrong. Because I have been around farming and the construction business all my life I know there will be a lot of oppurtunity there, if some one wants to go to work. I was in Cuba 2 years ago to look around, and the place is unbeliveable. I was always impressed with farmland of northern Illinois, but Cuba makes it look sad. Havana is like a museum with people living in it and the Cuban people love us and want change. It will take all of our lifetimes and then some to repair the damage that 50 years of communism has rought. I can see on google earth.com the country had railroads all over the place but now the tracks are torn up and there are probably 10000 train cars abandoned on sidings all over the country. I am guessing there are 100 sugar mills abandoned. To look at the country is hard because it is a complete disaster and I am sure every town has a sad story, but there is the potential I believe to be the richist country in the world easily. There is oil, coal, copper,nickel, and iron ore. There are thousands of miles of beaches and large areas of mountains and forest where no one lives. Anyway I have been planning on living the rest of my life there and seeking my fortune there although I am not so concerned about the fortune as much anymore, but just want to be a part of it I guess and as far as I know I am the only person that is seriously getting ready for this and I sure could use some help. More than anything of course I need some financial backing. I also need someone to run the office down there and hopefully someone to run an office in New Orleans. Someone to help run the whole thing would be nice to. It would be bulldozers, backhoes, dumptrucks, and all that stuff. The Cuban American foundation says every sewer and water line in every city in the entire country will have to be replaced. That right there must be a bigger job than building the pyramids or the Hoover dam or some stuff like that. I have found on google earth what I think are abandoned dairy farms that were built by Fidel but there are no cows. I have marked and numbered about 550 now and I am not done, plus there is ranchland and orange groves. They also grow bananas and coffe too. Anyway I could go on but I am sick of typing. Anybody wants to know more about Cuba or my plans call me. Nightime is best. Anybody that wants to go down there, I can give you 2 good guys that can take you anywhere in the country and answer questions. I might add more to this again sometime.——-BOO

Posted: 24 March 2009 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

Global Trade Initiatives at the College of Charleston and the South Carolina World Trade Center Charleston will host a mini-conference April 17 called “Opportunities in Cuba for South Carolina Businesses.”

The conference, scheduled to run from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Tate Center for Entrepreneurship, will bring in various experts and speakers to discuss trade with Cuba. Douglas Friedman, director of the Latin American and Caribbean studies program at the college, will provide an overview of Cuba and its economic system.

Jake Colvin from the National Foreign Trade Council will make a presentation on the Helms-Burton Act in relation to U.S.-Cuban trade. Others speakers include Jack Maybank of Maybank Industries, which is sponsoring the event, and Maria Conchita Mendez from the Alabama State Port Authority.

Although trade with Cuba is under an embargo, all trade is not restricted. A Global Trade Initiatives representative said more opportunities could open up with President Barack Obama potentially loosening restrictions. South Carolina is positioned to take advantage of this because of its location and port, among other factors, the representative said.

Cost for the general public is $65 before April 8, $85 before April 15, and $100 at the door.

Members of the S.C. World Trade Center, Charleston Women in International Trade and the S.C. International Trade Coalition pay $65. The price includes a breakfast networking session and a Cuban-themed lunch.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 10 August 2009 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-08-10

Hello,
I am a US Citizen that lives in the state of Florida. I am of Portugese/Polish decent and have always felt for the Cuban people, and the wrongful trade embargo of almost 50 years.
I would like a chance to make some Contacts with people that are doing Business/Trade with Cuba, And or looking for some Cuban Nationals that want to start doing business and or trade with me, when President Obama lifts the embargo. I do feel it is time after 50 years to do so, And I believe our President will make it happen.
So I am trying to just find out some ground floor info and make some Real contacts for when the opportunity does happen. Would like to connect with some people that are from Cuba or live in Cuba currently.
Please E-mail or post some info so we can get some Dialogue going. Look forward to hearing from anyone with the same feelings/interests, and would like to get ready for the liberation of US/Cuba trade.
Thank You,
A concerned Floridian hoping to make some friends.
Tim
Cant hurt trying, Someone has to start the ball rolling !

To Admin: What did you mean by the Castros wouldnt like me looking into it. Not like they have any pull here, Just doing some homework, And I have done some research. Thats waht I’m doing on here.

Would like to hear from people tha ARE doing business with Cuba, Humanitarian, Produce, Medical / ost here or em=mail me.ThaNX

Posted: 31 August 2009 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2008-03-21

Tim S Call me 715 896 4742 or E mail .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) BOO

Posted: 02 September 2009 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2008-03-21

Tim S Call me again my phone did not save your number.

Posted: 03 September 2009 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2008-03-21

I was in Cuba and I see em pullin plows with oxes on Sunday and you wanna take em printing presses. Thats a good idea, if you can find some paper you can print pictures of tractors so they can see what they should have. Printing presses and copiers dont pull plows,and they dont push dirt, and they dont bury sewer and water lines, and they dont haul stuff.