US CENSUS BUREAU STATISTICS ON CUBAN AMERICANS.
Posted: 09 July 2007 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2007-05-05

Post By Peter Perez from Cubamania;

US Census Bureau. Facts about Cuban Americans

Organizacion Autentica US Census Bureau. Facts about Cuban American:
Cuban Americans have acquired an enormous amount of wealth and prosperity in an extremely short period of time; no other immigrant group has achieved this as quickly as the Cubans. Many immigrants have never achieved it at all, despite being in this country far longer than Cubans.

Second-generation Cuban-Americans were more educated than even Anglo-Americans. More than 26.1% of second-generation Cuban-Americans had a bachelor’s degree or better versus 20.6% of Anglos. Thus Cuban-Americans in 1997 were approximately 25% more likely to have a college degree than Anglos.

Other Hispanic groups lag far behind. Only 18.1% of South Americans had a bachelor’s or better. Puerto Ricans, despite being U.S. citizens by birth, recorded a disappointing 11%; Mexicans only 7%.

In 1997, 55.1% of second-generation Cuban-Americans had an income greater than $30,000 versus 44.1% of Anglo- Americans. Thus Cuban-Americans are approximately 20% more likely to earn more than $30,000 than their Anglo-American counterparts. All other Hispanic groups lag far behind in average income.

In 1997, 36.9% of second-generation Cuban-Americans had an income greater than $50,000 versus 18.1% of Anglo- Americans. Cuban-Americans were twice as likely to earn more than $50,000. Also, approximately 11% of Cuban-Americans had incomes greater than $100,000 versus 9% of Anglo-Americans, and less than 2% of other Hispanics.

Cubans comprise less than 4% of the U.S. Hispanic population, Mexicans 65%, Puerto Ricans 10%, Central and South Americans 11%, and “others” 10%. Yet of the top 100 richest Hispanics in the U.S., more than 50% are of Cuban descent (ten times what it should be on a population basis), and 38% of Mexican descent. The rest is scattered among all other Hispanic groups.

Source: U.S. Census Bureau

No wonder Fidel is pissed, and some anglos also who expected cheap labor from cuban refugees, lol

Signature 

“My Friends are those who think alike”

Posted: 09 July 2007 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Interesting stats. Now imagine what post-Castro post-Embargo Cubans can do in their own country.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 09 July 2007 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-05
Publisher - 09 July 2007 09:12 AM

Interesting stats. Now imagine what post-Castro post-Embargo Cubans can do in their own country.

Same as they had done prior to 1959, cuba was ahead of many countries and in some things ahead of tHe US.
The peso was worth .10 more than the dollar.

Signature 

Posted: 09 July 2007 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2006-12-27

They are indeed interesting statistics and they don’t surprise me at all, also I agree that the most powerful natural resource in Cuba are it’s people. Regarding pre-59 in Cuba, at what cost to the people?

“ A child who does not think about what happens around him and is content with living without wondering whether he lives honestly is like a man who lives from a scoundrel’s work and is on the road to being a scoundrel”.  Jose Marti

Posted: 09 July 2007 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-05
edward - 09 July 2007 02:06 PM

They are indeed interesting statistics and they don’t surprise me at all, also I agree that the most powerful natural resource in Cuba are it’s people. Regarding pre-59 in Cuba, at what cost to the people?

“ A child who does not think about what happens around him and is content with living without wondering whether he lives honestly is like a man who lives from a scoundrel’s work and is on the road to being a scoundrel”.  Jose Marti

What has being the cost of to the Cuban people in the last 48 years ?
Over 100 thousand deaths and disappearances.
And total destruction, Havana looks like a city hit by a nuclear blast.
If I could post pics in here you will be surprised.

Signature 

Posted: 09 July 2007 11:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-27

HI Wajiro

I’ve been to Havana several times and I agree, part of Central Havana does look like a bomb site. Money is needed to invest in rebuilding and infrastructure, partnerships need to be forged.

Where do you get the statistice regarding 100,000 + deaths?, I’m interested to know.

Posted: 10 July 2007 05:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-05
edward - 09 July 2007 11:48 PM

HI Wajiro

I’ve been to Havana several times and I agree, part of Central Havana does look like a bomb site. Money is needed to invest in rebuilding and infrastructure, partnerships need to be forged.

Where do you get the statistice regarding 100,000 + deaths?, I’m interested to know.

Well Ed. The Cuban American Community has over 200 anti Castro organizations in exile.
The Cuban American Foundation- Cuba Libre Y soberana and others have compiled a list of names of the Cubans executed by the Castro murderous regime, the executed exceed 20,000, 1 out of 4 Cubans who take to sea to cross the Florida straits perishes and it’s eaten by sharks + the dissidents that have died in prisons ,gives a conservative estimate of 100,000 people.
Of Course you are not going to hear this from the Cuban Government, like Fidel who before he got sick said ,not one Cuban has ever being tortured or executed by his government, yet we have lists compiled from family members and testimonies of the families of dissidents on torture, such as electro shock being applied to totally sane people.
As a matter of fact I had a neighbor 2 houses down who was prosecuted in Federal Court for torturing People in this manner.
He died the day he was to be sentenced probably to 5 years or more.
The Atrocities of the Cuban Government will only be known, when that dynasty comes to an end, and the secret burial of mass murders will be uncovered like in Albania.

See: http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/8/1/135933.shtml

Signature 

Posted: 10 July 2007 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-27

Hi Wajiro

Any form of torture, especially any physical torture is wrong. And your information relating to deaths and disappearences caused either directly or indirectly is both tragic and alarming. Anyone in their right mind would not condone such occurances, I am aware of non violent political prisoners and dissidents being held and I think that is wrong too.

The people of Cuba have every right to feel proud and dignified, I also think it would be best for Cuba if the Cuban people had the right of complete self determination.  Their interests and rights in terms of freedom of speech and expression haved been denied at the expense of political power games for far too long, when in fact it is they themselves that hold the future of Cuba in their hands.

Ed

Posted: 10 July 2007 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-05
edward - 10 July 2007 07:50 AM

Hi Wajiro

Any form of torture, especially any physical torture is wrong. And your information relating to deaths and disappearences caused either directly or indirectly is both tragic and alarming. Anyone in their right mind would not condone such occurances, I am aware of non violent political prisoners and dissidents being held and I think that is wrong too.

The people of Cuba have every right to feel proud and dignified, I also think it would be best for Cuba if the Cuban people had the right of complete self determination.  Their interests and rights in terms of freedom of speech and expression haved been denied at the expense of political power games for far too long, when in fact it is they themselves that hold the future of Cuba in their hands.

Ed

Agreed !

Signature 

Posted: 18 October 2007 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-08-09

Que nadie se quede sin verlo.

Dale click y volumen

http://castrianism.blogspot.com/2006/08/hasta-cuando-el-videoclip-oficial-rey.html