“IMAGE IS EVERYTHING”
Posted: 07 June 2007 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2007-05-05

Chavez asks Castro to wear the uniform again
Published on Thursday, June 7, 2007 Email To Friend   Print Version

CARACAS, Venezuela (AFP): Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez on Wednesday urged his idol Cuban President Fidel Castro to resume wearing his customary military uniform instead of the track suit he has sported since undergoing surgery last year.

“I believe the time has come to return to wearing the uniform,” Chavez, a staunch supporter and protege of Castro, told a press conference.

“We want you in uniform ... That’s an order,” he joked.

Since he underwent gastrointestinal surgery 10 months ago and handed over power temporarily to his brother Raul, Castro has given up his traditional olive-green military garb.

On Tuesday, the veteran leader of the Cuban revolution—who turns 81 in August—appeared in his first television interview since his operation wearing a red-white-and-blue track suit.

The leftist Venezuelan president cheered Castro’s television appearance.

“Fidel, I congratulate you for your interview on television. He spoke for four hours, almost a speech,” said Chavez, alluding to the Cuban leader’s habit of delivering long-winded talks lasting several hours.

The interview aired on television lasted a little less than an hour.

Signature 

“My Friends are those who think alike”

Posted: 07 June 2007 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Interesting, I did not see this.

Is Chavez embarrassed for Castro? He should be. Especially when Castro himself says he doesn’t have the time to trim his beard or get dressed for the day.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 07 June 2007 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2007-05-05
Publisher - 07 June 2007 09:15 AM

Interesting, I did not see this.

Is Chavez embarrassed for Castro? He should be. Especially when Castro himself says he doesn’t have the time to trim his beard or get dressed for the day.

he just wants to make it look like Fidel is still incharge.
Fidel is Alive but the comandante is dead !

Viva Cuba Libre.
Viva La USA.

Signature 

“My Friends are those who think alike”