Cuban Passport Requirement - Need Help
Posted: 04 October 2006 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-10-04

My husband was born in Cuba in 1941 and left for the U.S. two years later. Last year, the Cubans issued him a visa to visit a relative but because of illness, we never went. This year, when we applied for a visa, the Cubans told my husband that he needed to apply for a passport instead because he had slightly altered his first name upon becoming a U.S. citizen. This passport requirement seems a little strange to us because it never came up last year. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Posted: 11 July 2007 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Do you have an update on this situation?

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 14 August 2007 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-08-14

I have a similar question.  My husband is cuban, he is a permanent resident.  We were thinking of traveling to europe on vacation, but i was told he is required to have a cuban passport to travel over seas. I did some research and was told to call the Cuban Consulate in Washington D.C.  at either (202) 797-8609 or 202-797-8610.  But i keep calling those numbers and its busy busy busy… Does anybody have a website or any information at all as too how to get a cuban passport, or how much it cost or how long it takes or what??  Any information would be greatfly appreciated .  Thanks!!!

Marlene

Posted: 14 August 2007 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

It is possible to get visas from the US Interests section in Havana but the US and Cuba are not cooperating much on that level. Trying to get a Cuban passport for a Cuban citizen takes about four years and that citizen must be in VERY high standing in the Cuban government.

Hope that helps.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 14 August 2007 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2007-08-14
Publisher - 14 August 2007 11:25 AM

It is possible to get visas from the US Interests section in Havana but the US and Cuba are not cooperating much on that level. Trying to get a Cuban passport for a Cuban citizen takes about four years and that citizen must be in VERY high standing in the Cuban government.

Hope that helps.

I see, I’m understanding that your its almost impossible to get a cuban passport.  But I’m sure Cubans who are permanent residents in the US are able to travel over seas… or are they not? And if they do, how do they if its practically impossible to obtain a cuban passport? ... Pretty much I want to travel with my husband… will it be possible? I called immigration and they told me he needs a passport from his country of origin in order to travel overseas…. which is why im so confused now.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posted: 14 August 2007 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

If he is a Cuban citizen living in Cuba he has to go through all the bureaucracy. If he is living in the US but does not have US citizenship then I would say what immigration told you is correct. Try to contact your local Congressman’s office. There is also the Cuban Interests Section in Washington. You can also try the Cuba Amor forum at http://CubaAmor.com .

Good luck. I really don’t know any more than that.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 14 August 2007 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2007-08-14

Thank you! i really appreciate your response and helping me out.

Posted: 24 November 2007 12:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2007-11-23

My husband is a perm. resident and does not have a cuban passport, 2 months ago we traveled all of Spain, Italy, England and Croatia, He went using a re-entry permit that you can get on USCIS website I believe it is form I-131, re-entry permit.  This works to allow him to re-enter the US legally.  We had no problems AT ALL!  He only had a problem in Croatia where they sent him seperate from me and gave him a 2 day visa at the airport.  Also, before we left about 1 month before to be exact he went to the Italian embassy (Since we were going to spend the most time in Italy) he had to leave his re-entry permit along with some photos and show proof of travel along with proof that you have enough money in the bank, in about 2 weeks he went to pick it up and they had put a Schengen visa on it, this works to travel all of europe without hassels or problems.
Hope this helps.

Posted: 05 January 2009 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2009-01-05

My husband is a resident and is a cuban citizen would like to get a passport to go see his family how do I go about it since the phone numbers I’ve tried are always busy

Posted: 05 January 2009 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

If you want to send me the information by email (Contact Us below) I can forward it on to someone that might be able to help you but she charges a fee since there is a lot of time involved.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 10 February 2009 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2009-02-10

I am looking for some information on obtaining a Cuban Passport for my husband. He is a permanent resident of the US, He came here in 1968 at the age of 2. He has his ARC but has never obtained a passport. We are going on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas and may need a Cuban Passport. I have contacted the cruise line and they said all he needs is his ARC and valid drivers license, but the Bahamas Consulate says he needs some type of travel documents. Can anyone help me out. Does he need the passport and if so how do we get one.  We do have his Cuban Birth Certificate. Thanks.

Posted: 28 April 2009 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-04-28
midoriswtnsour - 05 January 2009 12:19 PM

My husband is a resident and is a cuban citizen would like to get a passport to go see his family how do I go about it since the phone numbers I’ve tried are always busy

i had the same problem their are 2 numbers i found that could help you to get a cuban passport in newjersey the #is 201 319 1054 1800 223 5334 the other one is in miami # 305 559 7114 or 1800 993 9667 it cost in miami 429.00 to get a cuban passport they do all the work for you the web adress is http://www.marazulcharters.com tickets to fly to cuba is 529.00 per person

Posted: 28 February 2010 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

Has anyone had any luck finding their Cuban passport? We can now get Cuban birth certificates and other documents and are looking into getting passports from Cuba for people.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services