Frank Pais Documentary
Posted: 27 February 2006 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-02-24

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time posting at Havana Journal and look forward to your comments. 

I am producing a documentary on Cuban Revolutionary Frank Pais.  This has been a project that has been close to my heart for many years and finally the doors are slowly opening to have this documentary made.  I am searching for the following:

1.  I am having trouble finding footage of Frank during the years of 1955 - 1957, or any footage for that matter.  I know there is some footage of his funeral out somewhere, but I havenít been able to find it.  Also, any pictures of Frank, other than what is on the internet.

2.  There is a gentleman, Dr. Reynaldo Heredia Padillo, a former fighter who fought under Frankís orders.  I saw a picture of him on Corbis.  I am wondering if this man is still alive and if anyone knows of his whereabouts or contact information.

3. I am looking for any stories from anyone who served under Frank, or any stories at all about Frank.  Anyone who knew him, who worked under him, any personal stories about him.

4.  There were two women, Elia Fromenta and America Domitro.  I heard a rumor that one of them was still alive and living in Cuba.  I canít remember where I heard this but it was about 6 months ago.  Does anyone have any information on any of these two women?  Anyone who knew them or anyone related to them.

Please email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Thank you in advance for your help.

MelEsq.

Posted: 20 March 2006 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-03-20

First time poster as well…..
I had to read this book in college and there was a lot about Frank Pais in there. 
“Inside the Cuban Revolution: Fidel Castro and the Urban Underground”
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0674016122/sr=8-1/qid=1142825040/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-0012043-0640964?_encoding=UTF8

If you are doing a documentary, I am sure that you read it, but I thought others on this forum might appreciate it…

Posted: 10 July 2007 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

I know this is an old post but do you have any more information to offer?

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

‹‹ Famous Cuban Jazz Artist      Cuban Artists ››