1 of 5
ESCOZUL FORUM CONSOLIDATION - Stay informed here
Posted: 09 February 2006 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

We now have too many Escozul forum threads open.

Now that we have redesigned the Havana Journal and the forums, I thought this would be a good time to close all the open Escozul forums and consolidate into this one.

This way, our Escozul forum moderator, Mark Melkonian, can contact all interested parties with informatin and answers to questions directly from this specific Escozul forum.

If you want to be kept informed regarding any posts to this specific Escozul forum, simply register or login at the havana journal and post “keep me informed” in this forum thread. You do not have to post your email address, we will have it in our database. Just for the record, we do not use your email address for any other purpose.

Of course if you have general questions about Escozul, you can post questions here too. If you have a very specific question or information about Escozul you may start a new forum but only do that if you think many people would contribute and benefit from having a separate forum.

I can reopen any of the closed forums if there is enough demand to kept it active.

DISCLAIMER: The Havana Journal does not endorse the manufacture, use, consumption, distribution, purchase, sale or giving of escozul, blue scorpion venom or blue scorpions for any reason. We simply provide a forum for information. Our official moderator, Mark Melkonian, acts independently and is not paid by Havana Journal Inc. We do not control nor monitor his activities in any way.

*** Anyone that is using or has used Escozul or its derivative in any form, should seek competent medical advice. ***

Thank you for reading the Havana Journal and posting your questions and information. We are happy to provide this forum to help people.

Rob

[ Edited: 29 June 2011 12:02 PM by publisher ]
 Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 10 February 2006 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2005-03-13

Keep me informed.

Caterina Choreftaki

Posted: 05 March 2006 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-03-05
Caterina - 10 February 2006 09:19 AM

Keep me informed.

Caterina Choreftaki

Posted: 05 March 2006 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-03-05

Hi, My dad have diagnose 4 month ago with lunge cancer he has a big tumor no surgery, I ear about escozul and I would like any or all of you can tell me how he can receive the treatment or where to go in cuba for this medicine , Monson’s Family?

keep me informed
Thanks for you help

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

gonzalo rivera

Posted: 06 March 2006 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-03-06

hello rob and/or Mark,
please keep me informed about escozul.
I’m just looking for information about side effects and contra-indications, when using escozul for lungcancer NSCLC, spread to both lungs and pleura.  Especially when using Escozul after several cures of chemo-and radiotherapy. If you have suggestions how to find this information, I would be most grateful,
thank you,
Marieke Kruis

Posted: 13 March 2006 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-03-13

“Keep me Informed”

Posted: 13 March 2006 02:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2006-03-13

Metastasis Melanoma:

My mother has had both Breast Cancer and Melanoma Cancer.  Three (3) years ago she lost both breast to Breast Cancer.  She underwent Chemotherapy and since has been taking hormone medication for this type of Cancer.  Consequent to the chemotherapy her Heart gave out and she had to have a 5-vessel bypass surgery the year after the Breast Cancer.  She now suffers from Congestive Heart Failure. 

In November of 2005 she lost her right eye to Melanoma Cancer.  After extensive studies we are now being told that she has metastasis Melanoma cancer in both of her lungs.  The metastasis melanoma has most recently appeared in the lungs in the form of small nodules (identified thru a biopsy). 

I am planning a trip to Cuba in the next couple of months; do you think she will be a candidate for Escozul treatment?  She is 73 years old.  Please provide information on how I may get in contact with the medical institution in Havana for this treatment.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation.

Maria

Posted: 13 March 2006 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2006-03-13

Metastasis Melanoma

Posted: 26 March 2006 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2006-03-26

Hey Im sorry to hear about the cancer I too lost my grand mother to lung cancer..
But since I have heard great things about Seaweed. This is not a new thing, as people have been eating seaweed for hundreds if not thousands of years. Its said that seaweed can take it from the sun what us humans cant and has great health benefits. I take it myself and see a difference plus heal faster from taking it.
Coral Calcium is also a great way to allow your body to get enough calcium as it has vitamin D and manganese in the right combo so more gets taken in the body. 
Just as a side note.  All your DNA needs calcium to replicate, so that’s super important for healing as you can imagine.
The other thing that is great is Selenium and that’s one of the most powerful anti-oxidants out there to date.

I’m no doctor but big into natural healing and you body has the tools to repair itself if given the right nutrition and lifestyle.  Many people I have run into I have seen cancer come under control with a healthy lifestyle this combo.
It’s worth a try
-Pete

Signature 

All the best from
Peter @ Mixcat Interactive!
http://www.mixcat.com

See our health related resources:
http://www.mixcat.com/resources/cancer-treatment.php

Posted: 29 March 2006 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2006-03-27

My mother has been diagnosted suffering by bladder cancer 4 years ago. One year ago she underwent a surgery and her bladder has been removed. a few months before a CT scan revelead metastasis at lymph nodes.
I am completely new at this forum and I would like to ask for your help on how I will get Escozul. A friend of mine will be in Cuba in afew days. Is is true that it would be better to send recent exams translated in Spanish ? Is it better for my mother to travel to Cuba??? How something like this can be arranged ??? And if it is possible to receive Escozul by courrier how the quality of it can be guaranteed ???
I would appreciate any help !

Posted: 01 April 2006 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2004-12-20

To All Escozul Forum Readers,

This is the first time I post a statement to the new Escozul Forum.  I want to inform all those coming to this site for advise that I invite all to post their questions here on this Journal and I will be only too happy to reply.

I want to make a very important point and that is as an objective third party, I would strongly warn all those people looking to obtain Escozul to BE VERY CAREFUL as to where they get it from?  There are many websites that are offering Escozul and claim to have connections in Cuba which are all ill founded claims!  BE CAREFUL!!!!  CUIDADO!!!

If you need to know anything about a site I encourage you to ask me here about the specific site in question and I will be happy to tell you what I know! .....and I know a lot as i have been involved with this for a few years!

Price does not necessarily dictate the authenticity of the product!!!  Again be very careful.  There are some out there who are legitimate and others who are there only for the Almighty Dollar!!! 

Be sure of one thing…....the only REal Escozul is the one from Cuba, no where else!!!  The blue Scopion is indigenous to Cuba and I know who in Cuba is extracting the venom properly and who is not!

Again I cannot emphasize to all of you how CAREFUL YOU MUST BE!!!

Good Luck and may God be with you all!!

Mark Melkonian

Posted: 02 April 2006 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2006-04-02

I would like to know your opinion of Escorpion Azul, S.A. in Panama.

Posted: 20 April 2006 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

To the people of the Escozul forum:

There is a lot more information about Escozul at the Havana Journal. If you CLICK HERE you will see the search results showing all the Escozul related pages here.

Good luck.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 21 April 2006 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-20

Dear Readers of the Escozul Forum,

I am posting an article that I had written back in January of this year but is in the Forum that has been closed.  I believe it warrants being here in this new journal, so pls. read on…................................................

Dear Readers of the Escozul Forum,

I have recently come back from Havana, Cuba and promised to report on my findings.  Unfortunately, time went by so quickly and in Cuba time is not managed as it is in our country.  Therefore you cannot accomplish the same amount of work in the same period of time as you can in Europe or North America.

Having said that I am happy to report that I have met with Mr. Stefan Ovies as well as Dr. Alfredo Vera Estarada, both from Labiofam.  We discussed many things related to the Escozul Project and as they both mentioned, certain things cannot be discussed until the termination of the Clinical studies of Escozul at the I.P.K.  Complicating matters has been the death of Misael Bordier the discoverer of Escozul.

As per the suggestion of our friend Maxwell, I was not able to go to visit some of the “Converntional Dr.’s” in Havana that he recommend I meet, as time was a factor as well as my belief and direction of being on the positive side of Escozul.  With all due respect Maxwell, you wanted me to visit with Conventional Dr.’s that are of the belief that Escozul is worthless and quite honestly I am not interested in pursuing this avenue until such a time that the I.P.K. (Instituto Pedro Kouri) informs me and the world, that Escozul has failed the Clinical studies.

Getting back to my encounter with Stefan Ovies and Dr. Vera, I am happy to report the following:  The Clinical study continues slowly but consistently at the I.P.K.  The first two stages of the study have been successful.  What does this mean you may ask?  Let me explain as it was explained to me by Dr. Vera.  The first stage of Clinical Testing was done in Vitro under strict lab conditions at the I.P.K. and properly recorded in the event that this information will have to be published in respected International Medical Journals.  What this means, is that Cancerous cells are cultured in a Petrie dish and then, under strict laboratory conditions Escozul is introduced into this Petrie Dish.  The Cancer cells were destroyed by the Escozul!!!  This is in fact what has taken place at the I.P.K.  This took place about 18 months ago.  The second stage, was culturing malignant tumours in 200 mice.  According to the Dr. they were all Breast Cancers that were cultured in these mice.  Of the 200 mice 100 were given a placebo and the other 100 were given Escozul.  The 100 given the placebo all died.  Of the 100 that were given Escozul over 50% survived and went into total remission.  The breast cancer disappeared!!!  So now they are in the third stage of testing which is on humans.  This apparently has just begun and several hundred people with solid tumours are being tested.  Some being given a placebo and others on Escozul….no other treatment is being given.  The Dr. was vague in his information of this as this is the critical stage and all information will be very Confidential until the final report comes out!

Dr. Vera has informed me that they need to raise some money in order to complete the testing more efficiently and more quickly, funding is always a problem in Cuba.  So in the name of Science and Humanity I am asking for contributions made to Labiofam and specifically the testing of Escozul.  This money will go directly to this project to buy certain chemicals and equipment needed to pursue this project. There will be no “Administrative Costs” as we have in N.A. or Europe.  100% of the money will go directly to the project.  I have never asked for any contributions to this project before and am taking the liberty of asking for it now because I believe that there are “SECRETS” yet to be uncovered in the study of Escozul. I do believe that Escozul can be a positive force in treating Cancer.

I do not know if anyone out there would be interested in contributing whatever amount that can be afforded and how we can go about this.  Maybe the Publisher has some ideas on how we may collect the money and transfer it to Labiofam for this project.  I know for sure that it will have to be done through Canada as it would be impossible for it to be done through the U.S.  because of the embargo, and maybe this is an unrealistic goal, so I openly ask all readers of this journal to post their comments on what they believe we can do or if we should do anything!  I would be interested to know the general feeling out there from many people if possible on raising some money for this noble cause!!!

I promise to keep you posted on further developments.

Thanking all in advance for your time, interest and attention regarding Escozul.

Sincerely,

Mark Melkonian
Moderator Escozul Journal

Posted: 21 April 2006 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-20

Dear Forum Readers,

I will be posting several articles in the next few days in order to bring information from many sources to this Forum so that many can have a library of information from different sources right here on our Forum.  This article i am posting is from Dr. Ralph Moss that was written over a year ago!

A FRIENDLY SKEPTIC LOOKS AT ESCOZUL

Escozul is a folk remedy for cancer, made from the diluted venom of the Caribbean blue scorpion (Rhopalurus junceus). Escozul is gaining popularity in Cuba, its birthplace, and in many other countries as well. Since the early 1990s, even some US citizens have gone to that “forbidden island” for treatment with this unusual substance, which was first developed in 1980 by a Guantanamo province biologist, Misael Bordier. Some years ago, Bordier conceived the idea of trying scorpion venom as a treatment for certain chronic conditions including cancers of various kinds . It seemed to have good effects and word quickly spread. Now many doctors in that area are said to frequently administer diluted doses of the toxin by mouth to patients with malignancies, as well as to those suffering from pelvic inflammation, renal failure, and Parkinson’s disease. (Although pure venom is harmful to humans, this product is reputedly non-toxic when diluted and administered orally.)

Some readers have asked me if there is any truth to the glowing reports that are finding their way onto thousands of Web sites concerning its use as a cancer treatment. My basic answer is that while it shows some promise, it is still a very uncertain remedy. One should not abandon any well-documented therapy in favor of undertaking a treatment about which so little is yet known.

Despite the fact that Cuba has a modern public health system, it is also a country with an entrenched belief in folk medicine. Although surgery, radiation and chemotherapy are provided free for all cancer patients, these treatments have all the limitations there that they do in other countries. In Cuba, as elsewhere, the public is on the lookout for safer and more efficacious treatments for cancer.

I for one do not think it impossible that blue scorpion venom could have a positive effect on some patients. There are over 100 articles in PubMed on the examination of scorpion venom in basic cancer research. A Chinese group has isolated neurotoxins from another species of scorpion, called Buthus Martensii, that has both anticancer (Liu 2002) and immune stimulating effects (Yang 2000). At the University of Alabama they have found that a scorpion product called chlorotoxin specifically binds to the surface of brain cancer (glioma) cells and impairs their ability to invade normal tissue (Deshane 2002). This is a very promising finding. If venom can paralyze or kill normal cells, it can plausibly do the same to malignant cells. But it needs emphasizing that none of the articles currently in PubMed is a clinical study and none refers specifically to the Cuban product Escozul. The jury is therefore still out on how useful this treatment may ultimately prove.

Since the outset, educated opinion in Cuba has been divided on the topic of Escozul. Some people considered the well-publicized reports of clinical benefit to be merely wishful thinking. Another group considered Escozul an outright fraud. A smaller group believed the treatment to be a “scientific challenge,” according to the official Communist Party newspaper, Granma (January 16, 2003). Among this latter group is an engineer named Omar Cantillo, a nuclear physicist who has risen to be head of science and technology at the Ministry of Science, Technology and the Environment. He has long been open-minded towards this new treatment. According to Granma, a certificate of product registration has now been awarded by the Cuban Office for Industrial Property, under Resolution 3136/99, and it is due to come into effect in 2005. The license describes this by-product of scorpion venom as “an anti-carcinogenic component that has new, inventive activity and application.” The remedy is also said to have shown interesting results in HIV-AIDS patients who received it in outpatient clinics at the University hospital in Mbarara, Uganda, where Cuban physicians are working.

To date, more than 50,000 people in Cuba (an island of less than 12 million people) have received Escozul. Pro rata, this would be equivalent to more than a million Americans being treated with what is essentially an unproven remedy - something that dwarfs any of the similar crazes that have occurred here. Thousands more people in Mexico, Colombia, Spain, Italy, Argentina, the Dominican Republic, the Netherlands and even the United States have now used Escozul.

Bordier presented the remedy at the International Conference of Traditional Medicine and Alternative Therapies, which took place in Mexico in 2001. He toured the country giving speeches (PlanetSave.com 2001). According to Granma, the Mexican press dedicated substantial space to revealing that 300 citizens of the Federal District who were suffering from malignant abnormalities were benefiting from the Cuban treatment, and reported Bordier’s contributions to the Forum.

The Cuban government itself seems well disposed towards the product (which, incidentally, could bring in some desperately needed foreign exchange dollars). “In the battle between the scorpion and the crab,” (i.e. cancer, ed.), “the scorpion will win,” said Bordier.
(Please continue readding in the posting below this one!)

Posted: 21 April 2006 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-20

CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POSTING - ARTICLE BY DR. RALPH MOSS ON ESCOZUL

(As an aside, it is encouraging that at least the scorpions are not killed in the making of the medicine. Bordier keeps them in boxes filled with damp earth and with an ample supply of the insects that they like to eat. Starting a year after they are born he periodically extracts the poison from the scorpions by applying a mild electric shock to the insects, causing them to release their venom. This process is repeated about once every 20 days, after which the scorpions are returned to their natural habitat. It is to be hoped that the increasing popularity of this remedy will not result in the extinction of this species, as unscrupulous operators begin seeking a slice of the profits.)

Lack of Knowledge

Superficially, at least, first reports about blue scorpion venom are encouraging. The acquisition of reliable knowledge about Escozul is, however, hampered by several formidable problems:

First is the US trade embargo on Cuba, which makes scientific communication and exchange, as well as travel, difficult, if not impossible. We US citizens may be missing out on more than Cuban cigars as a result of this embargo. It would seem to be a matter of urgency for both the American and the Cuban government to find out if Escozul really works. A sensible foreign policy would put aside political differences in a co-operative search for a cure. Perhaps growing American interest in Escozul will lead to a beneficial outcome in public policy. For now, however, we are reduced to surfing the Internet, since direct contact is nearly impossible.

Another problem is a lack of scientific publications, even in Spanish, on the topic. Cuba has a sophisticated biotech industry that exports a variety of medicines and diagnostics to more than 35 countries around the globe (Sunderland 2002). There is apparently no lack of capable researchers. But there is no reference to Escozul per se in the standard database of medical journal articles, PubMed, nor even an article on the blue scorpion from whose venom Escozul is produced. If such research could not be published in the US due to the trade embargo, there are certainly excellent non-US journals that would be interested in such articles. But promoters of this treatment have seemingly not been too inclined to communicate their findings in a rigorous way to biomedical scientists around the world.

In my opinion, it is also foolhardy to treat 50,000 humans without first conducting any potency standardization testing, laboratory and animal studies, phase I-II studies in humans, and without any institutional review board (IRB) ethical supervision of the project. The potential for harm is real, even if many people anecdotally report that the treatment is non-toxic.

Meanwhile, it has to be said that the claims reported for the efficacy of Escozul seem wildly exaggerated. Particularly disturbing are the assertions (contained in several articles on the Internet) that the treatment was successful in nearly 97 percent of patients who had not undergone previous chemotherapy or surgery. It is not clear exactly what Bordier means by “success.” According to a Mexican Web site:

“Cuban doctor Misael Bordier cautioned that while his patients were not cured of their cancers when treated with the venom of the Escozul scorpion, ‘97 percent of them experience improvements in their quality of life and see the size of their tumours greatly reduced.’”

This would of course need to be carefully documented. Meanwhile, there is ample reason to be skeptical. Over the years this type of sensational claim has been made often, but has never panned out. In fact, as a general rule, the more outrageous the claim, the more likely the treatment is to be a fraud. What worries me most is that exaggerated claims for the phenomenal efficacy of Escozul may present an irresistible attraction to many patients (especially the less skeptical), prompting them to avoid the conventional treatment that is being urged on them and to take this venom treatment instead. While I have written often enough about the limitations of conventional therapy, we must also recognize that avoiding treatment could be disastrous for someone who, for example, has an operable tumor but refuses curative surgery in favor of an uncertain venom treatment. One could easily imagine people dying as a result of such a mistake.

A Remedy With a Sting in the Tail

According to another Internet article (by a Cuban journalist named Mar Marin), among those who came to Dr. Bordier after surgery or chemotherapy, only 40 percent obtained good results with Escozul, and the mortality rate was 60 percent. “We don’t know what causes the high mortality rate in these patients, but we do know we’ve been able to improve the quality of life of every patient,” Bordier is quoted as saying.

I am disturbed by this reported mortality rate of 60 percent among those who had had prior conventional therapy. I am not sure what Dr. Bordier is trying to say to here. Is he claiming that despite chemotherapy, 40 percent of the patients were cured? Or is he alluding to some possibly harmful synergy when these two approaches are combined, leading to a surprisingly high mortality rate?

Although in general I believe that conventional and alternative treatments can be fruitfully integrated, we must never rule out the possibility that combining various agents could actually be harmful to patients. Only carefully conducted - and published - studies can answer these questions and yield dependable results. No such studies have yet been done, and given the current political impasse it may be difficult to arrange any studies that would convince both Cuban and American experts. For the good of humanity, however, it would be worth trying.

1 of 5