Car Rental in Cuba
Posted: 03 August 2005 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2005-03-11

Hi everybody :

I wrote some frequently asked questions about Car rentals in cuba and put it in a webpage. If you want to take a look at it is http://www.connect2cuba.com/100questions/carrentalcuba.htm . I plan to do that with some topics about cuba. See you

Eric

Posted: 03 August 2005 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2005-06-09

There will be a form with an outline of an automobile. Inspect the exterior of the car and make sure that all dents, paint scrapes are marked on that form. Pictures are not necessary but if you have a digital camera, why not.

If the car’ wheels use a locking nut that requires a special tool, make sure you know where it is in the car. If you need to change a flat, you won’t be able to without the adapter (tool).

Also check the radio, to make sure it is working properly. if the car does not have an antenna, make sure it is marked on that sheet and/or insist on one. Without it, radio reception will be almost non existant, depending on the radio. Remove the antenna from the car when leaving the car unattended.

When checking the spare, make sure it is properly inflated. When checking the tires on the car, look for one that may be low (slow leak). Ask them to replace it. They will usually swap with the spare. Ask them, then to replace the spare.

Posted: 03 August 2005 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

When I was down there I rented a car and started driving around. Got up the next morning and noticed that there were no hubcaps. Now I’m thinking, oh great, how much are they going to charge me for hubcaps?

Turns out there were no hubcaps when I rented the car.

So, everything turned out just fine. No hidden charges, nice reliable car and would go back to the same place (transtur I think) and get another car from them.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 04 August 2005 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2005-06-09

Good point and I neglected to mention it. This is something I do all the time.

If the car has hubcaps I remove them immediately and put them in the trunk.

If th car doesn’t have them, make sure it’ noted/marked on the form I mentioned in my previous post.

Posted: 11 July 2007 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Great advice. Any more advice about renting cars in Cuba? Any good locations? Is it better to hire a taxi for the day?

Signature 

Cuba consulting services