CubaMania Forums and Links
Posted: 03 May 2005 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2005-05-03

are now back up! yahoo !! its one of the best cuba forums, news source and links website going! check it out if you have not already done so!

Posted: 03 April 2010 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-03-25

Now it changed and looks good.
It wasn’t like this when i first visited it…it had some links to the havana forum and to havan gallery….etc

Posted: 29 May 2010 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2007-05-05

Whatever happened to Cubamania and Cuba Amor ? Can’t access it ??????? shock

Signature 

“My Friends are those who think alike”

Posted: 08 March 2011 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Cubamania.com purchased by the Havana Journal

Today I am proud to announce that Havana Journal Inc, a Massachusetts based corporation, has purchased Cubamania.com and will soon be pointing the domain name to our Cuba Forum at the Havana Journal.

The Cuba Forum at the Havana Journal will serve as the new Cubamania.com.

We welcome back all Cubamania members and will make sure that our Cuba Forum gives the old Cubamania.com the respect and attention it deserves.

Unfortunately there is no way to bring back the old Cuba discussion threads or the membership information.

All former members of Cubamania will have to register (for free) as a member here at HavanaJournal.com in order to post in this Cuba forum.

As you can see, we have been active over here and are proud to offer much information to Cuba newbies and experts alike.

Rules:

1. Educate and inform

2. Stay on topic

3. Don’t pick fights

4. Don’t spam. Self promotion is perfectly acceptable so long as the post is Cuba related.

The Cuba forum at the Havana Journal/Cubamania.com is actively monitored and moderated. However, no entries will be edited or deleted unless they violate the rules above.

FYI, there is also a Cubamaniaks forum that is worth a visit.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 31 March 2011 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-03-20

hiya rob..is there no way of retrieving the info from cubamania.such a shame:(

Signature 

http://www.cubamaniaks.com/forum/index.php

Posted: 01 April 2011 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Dead and buried from what can tell. Too bad, I know. Least I could do was to buy the domain and give it some life here.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 22 April 2011 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-07-23

Rob - have you actually managed to track down and speak to the Admin from the old Cubamania site? Radar and I have both tried contacting him by various devious means, but with no luck. What I did do however was contact the company which hosted the old site and asked them if there was any way of preserving the site content if it hadn’t already been deleted. There then followed a somewhat cryptic exchange where they pointed out that they could not allow access to data nor even discuss the account of a client without the consent of that client. I finally replied to say that I understood their position, but perhaps they could take steps to ensure that the data was backed up until such time as we could actually contact the old Cubamania Admin and get consent from him. I don’t know whether they have done that, but we can always live in hope.

Posted: 27 July 2011 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2004-12-17
mellisas - 31 March 2011 06:42 PM

hiya rob..is there no way of retrieving the info from cubamania.such a shame:(

Hi Mel not even sure if I know how to respone to a message…..just wanted to say Hi to a familier person.

Posted: 22 November 2011 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2011-07-08

So is this it? No new posts since July? What a shame, Cubamania was fun.

Posted: 30 November 2011 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-07-31
Prospero - 22 April 2011 05:28 PM

Rob - have you actually managed to track down and speak to the Admin from the old Cubamania site? Radar and I have both tried contacting him by various devious means, but with no luck. What I did do however was contact the company which hosted the old site and asked them if there was any way of preserving the site content if it hadn’t already been deleted. There then followed a somewhat cryptic exchange where they pointed out that they could not allow access to data nor even discuss the account of a client without the consent of that client. I finally replied to say that I understood their position, but perhaps they could take steps to ensure that the data was backed up until such time as we could actually contact the old Cubamania Admin and get consent from him. I don’t know whether they have done that, but we can always live in hope.

Good luck contacting the previous owner of Cubamania domain and its database.  If I have been informed correctly, he was married to a Cubana and they were or may still be going through a torrent divorce (War of the Roses kind of divorce) as of last year. His ticker is not so good either so…... I don’t think he’ll be in any favorable mood soon about anything Cuba. Wish him well though.

I like the fact that someone bought the domain name on expiry but as indicated here the database belongs to Curtis so who knows what he has done with it, if he even still has it, she might of grabbed it and took off with it for all we know.

The concept of having it here is good but the setup of it within the board is rather obscure and not representative to what regular members were accustomed to, here is an example of what it looked like back then http://web.archive.org/web/20100324122614/http://www.cubamania.com/cuba/ 

..... in time hopefully it can be fully developed, along with the Cubaamor.com domain which is presently up for grabs as well.

[ Edited: 30 November 2011 01:01 PM by Holguin ]

Posted: 02 December 2011 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-11-30

Hey Holguin, long time no post. Are there any more “active” Cuba forums these days than this, Cubaamor.org, Lonely Planet and Greenscreen?

Hope all is well…

Cuba domain names wanted ››