Taking items into Cuba
Posted: 04 December 2004 03:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2004-12-04

I’m travelling to Cuba over Xmas and would love to take some much items to give to our waiters, room attendents etc…  Does anyone know what items are really expensive to get in Cuba…or what the Cuban people really need.  Thanks

Posted: 04 December 2004 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2004-10-15

In all honesty,give them cash,only they know what would be the most needed for them at the time.

Plus you save money,because after 44 lbs. you will have to pay a high priced import fee.

Posted: 05 January 2005 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2005-01-03

For those travelling to Cuba, know that there are many things that are not available even if they are the lucky few who have received cash from a tourist.
People most often request vitamins, analgesics (aspirin, tylenol), topical skin ointments.  When you give cash for services (tips) it stays in the hands of a few and those few have positioned themselves within the tourist trade for personal gain.  I suggest bringing school supplies to schools, medicines to clinics, books to libraries.  When you do make friends with people in Cuba, they love clothes..and they look WAY better in tiny tank tops or hot muscle shirts than American style t-shirts.

Posted: 22 February 2006 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-02-22

I always bring good quality shoes to Cuba to give away. Some Cubans work long hours and are on their feet all day. Comfortable shoes make happy feet.

I also bring vitamins, oragel, hygine products, condoms (The ones in Cuba are poor quality) etc…. anything that is hard to get or requested often.

Posted: 03 June 2006 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-03-20

asprin and anti biotics..alway needed..kids love frissbies also..

and vegetable seeds…

Signature 

http://www.cubamaniaks.com/forum/index.php

Posted: 11 July 2007 03:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

I know this is an old post but how did it go? Were you able to bring in supplies to Cuba?

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Hands Across Havana ››