Cuban Soccer question
Posted: 26 March 2004 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2006-02-01

By coincidence surfing the internet, I found the havana journal website. I’m delighted to be informed about Cuba on a regular basis. I visited Cuba a few years ago and ‘fell in love’ with the country and its friendly people. I was born and raised in Holland (The Netherlands) but have been traveling different parts of the world with a true interest in sports, more specific ‘futbol’. Currently I’m part of a work group to help re-structrue the youth futbol organization in Qatar. I was wondering if anyone could guide me towards information about- or people involved in Cuban youth futbol? I would love to be able to visit again and share thoughts/ideas with people of the same interest.

Kind regards,

Eddie van Schaick

Posted: 12 November 2005 01:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2005-11-11

Eddie,

I would like to suggest that you have a coaching clinic in
Cuba just like you organized in Asheville, North Carolina. I volunteer to come photograph for you!

Abrazos,
Benjamin

Posted: 12 July 2007 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

I have not heard much about soccer in Cuba. Do they play soccer or is it all about baseball? How about basketball while I’m asking. Do Cubans play basketball?

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 13 July 2007 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2005-11-11

Yes, Cuba really is about baseball, as that is their big passion. You do see some soccer but the kids in the street usually play stick ball or baseball. Some basketball is played but I do not know the quality of the play. Also volleyball is a popular one there. Hope this helps.