Hoteles E La Ronda
Posted: 20 June 2012 10:41 PM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-05-20

Has the “Hoteles E La Ronda” in Trinidad, Cuba been taken over by American companies selling Cuba?

Posted: 21 June 2012 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Why do you say that?

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 21 June 2012 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2009-05-20

The reason I ask this question is that I was in contact with a travel agency in Toronto called traveltocuba.ca, part of a company called Travel Discounters out of Toronto. I paid a deposit to book this hotel at approximately 84C$ per night and got an email from them(him) the next day indicating that the price of this hotel has just about doubled because it was now being sold out of the United States.

Posted: 21 June 2012 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Interesting.

I suppose the bookings are coming from a licensed people to people travel service provider from the US.

Also, Cuba is doubling rates of some hotels due to increased traffic from US.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 21 June 2012 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2009-05-20

Thanks for the info, I’ve been to Cuba more than 15 times and have noticed an increase in specialized tour groups out of the USA eg. photography. I know this brand of hotels (E hotels), small historic places and they are worth 85C$ but not 147C$. I may have been fortunate to have seen every corner of Cuba and it’s too bad the prices are going up this much. There may be a select few that will pay this much but it’s going to drive the people, like myself, who try to get a taste of the “real” Cuba back to the all-inculsive resorts which really do not represent the country. You might as well go to Florida which has all the beaches, restaurants and infarstucture.

[ Edited: 21 June 2012 08:59 PM by maxjaytar ]