All the love is fake
Posted: 05 January 2012 04:28 AM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-01-02

Well i have been to Cuba 3 times now and last year october i met my ex husband and now three months later we are not together any more i dumped him yesterday on the phone.
I found out on new years day that he was living with some one else while being married to me.
I was sad but i knew this would happen at a point.
Now i dumped him like a hot patato and it felt great.
Saying all the sweet words i love you so much and asking for money all the time but from my country it is not possible to send money to cuba i told him.
The phone bills were like 1150 euro so i had to cancel my trip to cuba to pay it all which he made by calling all the time for nothing.
All the lame excuse my mom is in the hospital i felt sorry for them at first but i am happy haven,t married him legall and he knows jack about my live in NL.
I just think it is wrong to give some one hope for love with in there is all a lie which is not fair to an innocent person.
I am so glad i got rid of him he fel so speechless when i called him I TOLD HIM NEVER EVER CALL ME AGAIN WE ARE HISTORY BYE .
I am so proud of myself that i dit it just to protect myself and i had sex with some one else feel so good.
These people in Cuba should be jailed for there actions towards innocent tourists.
My famaly said to me just let him go i said he can go and i never wil missed him.
It was all very fake from day one it took me three months to see it all i really did like him but i am over him.
So all of you don,t fall for lies in CUBA it is just a dream and all very fake.

Posted: 22 January 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-11-30
gabriella - 05 January 2012 04:28 AM

Well i have been to Cuba 3 times now and last year october i met my ex husband and now three months later we are not together any more i dumped him yesterday on the phone.
I found out on new years day that he was living with some one else while being married to me.
I was sad but i knew this would happen at a point.
Now i dumped him like a hot patato and it felt great.
Saying all the sweet words i love you so much and asking for money all the time but from my country it is not possible to send money to cuba i told him.
The phone bills were like 1150 euro so i had to cancel my trip to cuba to pay it all which he made by calling all the time for nothing.
All the lame excuse my mom is in the hospital i felt sorry for them at first but i am happy haven,t married him legall and he knows jack about my live in NL.
I just think it is wrong to give some one hope for love with in there is all a lie which is not fair to an innocent person.
I am so glad i got rid of him he fel so speechless when i called him I TOLD HIM NEVER EVER CALL ME AGAIN WE ARE HISTORY BYE .
I am so proud of myself that i dit it just to protect myself and i had sex with some one else feel so good.
These people in Cuba should be jailed for there actions towards innocent tourists.
My famaly said to me just let him go i said he can go and i never wil missed him.
It was all very fake from day one it took me three months to see it all i really did like him but i am over him.
So all of you don,t fall for lies in CUBA it is just a dream and all very fake.

The thing is, your heart makes it impossible to tell if they’re lying or not. Being told not to fall for the lies and experiencing it are two different things. But keeping yourself informed and connecting with other tourists in the same situation is the best thing you can do. Maybe you married him and he took advantage of you but consider yourself lucky that it was only that, and not going through the vigorous process of sponsorship and immigration before you discovered the truth.

Posted: 22 January 2012 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-01-22

Have to admit that over the few times I’ve visited, I’ve seen many people being taken (and know a few). In most cases the person (male or female) was already married and they were basically taking money from as many sources as they could under the guise of “love”. My favourite ironic moment was when I saw the look of terror in one guy as he saw an unexpected Canadian “fiancée” show up while he was hitting up on another pie-eyed tourist. Watch Jose/Maria run when he/she sees someone who’s been sending him/her money from abroad for a year show up by surprise.
In most cases that I know in Canada, you go though the long, expensive process of getting your “love of your life” over here, and then within a year they have skidaddled across to the US (don’t blame them, you can’t explain -25° to a Caribbean native).
Don’t know what the stats are, but…. not good for the sucker of the corazon story.

Posted: 22 January 2012 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2011-11-30
Herring - 22 January 2012 02:35 PM

Have to admit that over the few times I’ve visited, I’ve seen many people being taken (and know a few). In most cases the person (male or female) was already married and they were basically taking money from as many sources as they could under the guise of “love”. My favourite ironic moment was when I saw the look of terror in one guy as he saw an unexpected Canadian “fiancée” show up while he was hitting up on another pie-eyed tourist. Watch Jose/Maria run when he/she sees someone who’s been sending him/her money from abroad for a year show up by surprise.
In most cases that I know in Canada, you go though the long, expensive process of getting your “love of your life” over here, and then within a year they have skidaddled across to the US (don’t blame them, you can’t explain -25° to a Caribbean native).
Don’t know what the stats are, but…. not good for the sucker of the corazon story.

You can choose to not be a “sucker” with a slight attitude adjustment and a certain understanding of our cultural differences, and if you succeed then it’s “win/win”. (or win/win/win if you’re into that - jejeje)

Posted: 25 January 2012 12:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2012-01-02

Well you all are so right but you know i did not see this all coming and after you have been single for so long you think is this real or just a dream.
In my case it was all a bad dream and it endend very soon because i did care for him but lies are not acceptable for me.
I will be a fool for letting some one abuse me by telling me just what i want to hear.
He is studying to be a doctor but no medical advise when i ask him so he was full of lies.
At this moment i just can,t feel any love or symphatie for any one because i was lied to so many times i just don,t believe love excist any more i rather be single and happy than being with some one who is only after my money and really don,t care jack about me.
I consider myself very lucky i was not legally married to him and i almost bought my wedding dress.
But there was a feeling something uis not right now i know why.
Cuba is full of lies and fake friends. I use to have a woman i knew she also gives me a missed call to call her back i refused to do that.
She wrote a letter asking for money in her phone.
I didn,t pay any attention to all their bullshit and i cut off all ties with any one from cuba is finnish for me there most be a better place in the world where paradise does excist with people who are true for who they are and who don,t need anything from you to like you.Be carefull in cuba

Posted: 25 January 2012 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2011-11-30
gabriella - 25 January 2012 12:30 AM

Well you all are so right but you know i did not see this all coming and after you have been single for so long you think is this real or just a dream.
In my case it was all a bad dream and it endend very soon because i did care for him but lies are not acceptable for me.
I will be a fool for letting some one abuse me by telling me just what i want to hear.
He is studying to be a doctor but no medical advise when i ask him so he was full of lies.
At this moment i just can,t feel any love or symphatie for any one because i was lied to so many times i just don,t believe love excist any more i rather be single and happy than being with some one who is only after my money and really don,t care jack about me.
I consider myself very lucky i was not legally married to him and i almost bought my wedding dress.
But there was a feeling something uis not right now i know why.
Cuba is full of lies and fake friends. I use to have a woman i knew she also gives me a missed call to call her back i refused to do that.
She wrote a letter asking for money in her phone.
I didn,t pay any attention to all their bullshit and i cut off all ties with any one from cuba is finnish for me there most be a better place in the world where paradise does excist with people who are true for who they are and who don,t need anything from you to like you.Be carefull in cuba

I know you’re upset but you can’t generalize and say all Cubans are bad, it’s just unfortunate that the ones who are after material gain from tourists seem to be the only ones who talk to tourists.  There’s 11 million cubans on the island, the “liars and hustlers” only make up for a tiny fraction of a percent of them, they just seem to be encountered more. I’m sure there are good ones who talk to tourists but in my experience, they seem to be among the elite who don’t need our help, such as Casa Particular owners or people who work on the resort (although I’ve been taken advantage of by both as well). Other than that, any conversation I had with people not in the resorts ultimately lead to some form of effort of obtaining something from me. It can be as simple as trying to sell me rum and cigars (after an hour of just talking) or an offer for a full blown relationship because after an hour, they decided they were in love with me, even back when I was fatter. So I can only assume that the ones who don’t want to take advantage of tourists aren’t interested in talking to me.

If you’re able to join http://www.cubaamor.org you should get a lot of support from there as the majority of the members have gone through the exact same thing as you. Just try to stay in line as they tend to keep a tight ship there. It’s a newer site which is run by former members of the original cubaamor.com that closed down, and I heard that its’ a bit of a dictatorship now (apparently they tend to ban reasonable outspoken members)

[ Edited: 25 January 2012 09:48 AM by Cubadian ]

Posted: 13 March 2012 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-03-13

Gabriella,I know you all right. They close me there. now I am here. Good luck. Vovakiri.

Posted: 15 March 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2012-01-02

Hey Vovakiri

How are you what happen there tell me ok speak to you soon .
Grtz gabriella