Cohiba Esplendidos - Real or Fake? (Pictures included)
Posted: 16 December 2010 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-12-16

Two friends just came back from Cuba with a case of 25 Cohiba cigars they claim are authentic. I found it odd that the warranty seal was inside the box though. Is this a new practice? I was just curious as I was interested in buying a couple from them but not if they are not genuine.

Apparently the story is

“...All the boxes of Cohibas at our resort had the seals separate, they are fresh seals with the wax paper back, they just never got them put on. On the smaller packs they had the seals on them actual case but on the larger ones they were separate, as were the Habanos stickers… I speculate its because people want to see the cigars they are buying in these hotel shops as apposed to from the factory where you know what your purchasing.”

[ Edited: 08 December 2011 01:27 PM by linkshark ]

Posted: 17 December 2010 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Have a look at our fake vs. real Cohibas photos and descriptions of cigars and boxes.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 30 April 2011 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2011-04-28

I just posted this reply regarding some Cohiba’s, I hope it help you out;

They look real to me, though it can be very hard to distinguish the fakes.
Here’s what I look for…
1. The Cigars:
The Cigars should be well rolled and well preserved. Often times con men in Cuba or Mexico will show you a box of real Cohibas and then, through some slight of hand, send you on your way with a box of fake cigars.
2. The Box:
Cohiba and most Cuban Cigar manufacturers spend lots of money and time making there boxes look perfect. If the box looks cheap, the cigars are too.
3. The Certificate:
All proper boxes of Cuban Cigars will come with a Certificate stating they we’re made in Cuba. It’s about 1.5’’ x 3’’ and looks much like a dollar bill. If there’s no certificate, they are fakes, no question.
4. The Price:
You get what you pay for, a box of proper Cuban Cigars will NEVER be less than $100.

The best thing to do is to order your Cuban from a country where crime and counterfeiting isn’t as rampant as it is in Central America.

I order all my Cuban’s from Canada. I’ve ordered about 10 boxes from a shop in Victoria and have never had any problems with shipping or authenticity.|
I deal with a young man there named Yohji. The number at the shop is 1 888 845 6111

Posted: 18 April 2012 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-04-18
vinetari - 16 December 2010 10:36 PM

Two friends just came back from Cuba with a case of 25 Cohiba cigars they claim are authentic. I found it odd that the warranty seal was inside the box though. Is this a new practice? I was just curious as I was interested in buying a couple from them but not if they are not genuine.

Apparently the story is

“...All the boxes of Cohibas at our resort had the seals separate, they are fresh seals with the wax paper back, they just never got them put on. On the smaller packs they had the seals on them actual case but on the larger ones they were separate, as were the Habanos stickers… I speculate its because people want to see the cigars they are buying in these hotel shops as apposed to from the factory where you know what your purchasing.”

‹‹ VIPCigars - 10Euro GiveAway!      Cohiba Help ››