Cuban Cigars….Why?
Posted: 27 March 2010 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-03-25

I hear a lot about cuban cigars and how they are the best…...but i never really understood why is that,
Can you please guys tell me why it is so popular and known as the best?

Thanks

Posted: 16 April 2010 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-03-27
forumGuy201 - 27 March 2010 05:22 PM

I hear a lot about cuban cigars and how they are the best…...but i never really understood why is that,
Can you please guys tell me why it is so popular and known as the best?

Thanks

Its a myth. There are some really good Cuban cigars and some really shocking ones. I personally find the PadrĂ³ns the top cigars though hard to get down here in Australia. The Cuban cigars are of deteriorating quality the ones that have come recently were so shocking that the people at my cigar bar were suggesting us away from the more expensive Cubans. The closest thing to pre-Castro cigars is probably the Romeo y Julieta Cazadores which is a fine smoke. Though I advise you not purchase any Cuban cigars for three reasons 1. your propping up the regime 2. you can go to jail for them 3. you can get seriously ripped off. If your in the Bahamas,  Mexico, or whatever at some point, sure, buy a single and give em a shot I personally try to steer clear of the Cubans though being a cigar smoker in Australia it is inevitable that I smoke one occasionally. Little fact though down here in Melbourne we had a fairly famous high-ranking US general come into one of our cigar bars and walk out with boxes and boxes of Cuban cigars not to mention other US celebs who seem to like to have a smoke when their down here.