vinales area destination
Posted: 19 January 2010 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-11-30

the wife and i are heading for cuba mid feb for a month..we’ll be a week in havana then want to head over to vinales area in pinar del rio..we are looking for information about casa particulars along the coast in that area ..we are looking for quite beaches . plus a village with good produce markets .i know vinales isnt on the beach but that is the area im interested in..our spanish is very limited

weve been to cuba 3 times.. havana /cienfregoes/baraco/guanabo loved all the places plus any information about casa particulars in old havana would be a great help ..thanks for any info you can supply
                                        <’))))><  bruce

Posted: 21 January 2010 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
50+ posts ACTIVE MEMBER
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2007-07-07

dont know about along the coast, but you’ll have no trouble at all in finding a CP in and around Vinales.
For 5 CUC for a day pass there’s a hop on hop off bus that does the area of Vinales about every hour or so.  You might want to consider using it so you can both enjoy the scenery. (its an old soviet-era 24PAX bus with the windows punched out. )

Posted: 27 January 2010 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-01-27

I love Vinales and have been there 3 times .
Stayed in “Benitos’” casa, one private room in casa and the other in a small bungalo in the back yard, both with private baths.
Great food and grandma makes the best “Mojito” in Cuba. Famila “muy contento”.
We booked a tour thru the local Tourist office for about $30 cuc and had a great tour of a Tobacco farm, the caves with lunch thrown in!
Go to the viewpoint at the Hotel Los Jazmines late in the day as the scenery color is fantastic, also the cigar roller there is great along with the fresh sqeezed orange juice.
I am at work earning money for my next “Cuba” trip but I can post “Benito’s” contact info if you want it when I get home.

Posted: 27 January 2010 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-01-27

Forgot to say that Syliva Farina in Havana has a great casa with in walking distance of the Astro/Viazul bus terminal and Revolutionary Square, she set us up with Benito in Vinales.

Posted: 27 January 2010 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-11-30

thanks for the replys guys ..ill be interested to ride the bus manfredz…and yes rkyle id like to have the address…good to have a recommended place ..but out of all the places we’ve stayed only once got into a bad deal