Sailboat went missing… :(
Posted: 17 December 2009 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-12-17

My mom and dad (dad just suddenly passed away this past July) had a sailboat they used across the carribean and south america. While they loved the idea of visiting Cuba, they never broke the U.S. law to enter the waters there.

Last month, while the boat was en route to Key West, a third party captain hired by my mom somehow ran the boat into a reef in cuban waters. The U.S. coast guard was able to rescue the men off the sailboat, but the Cuban coast guard allowed only the rescue of men, not the boat itself.

Sort of reaching at straws here but… We are trying to determine the outcome of mom’s boat - Sailing Vessel Columbine - a 40 foot Valiant sailboat. This is a very tragic end to a very beautiful boat, and a continued tragic end to the beautiful life of my father.

Any words of wisdom on this topic greatly appreciated…

Posted: 21 January 2010 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-09-28

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  perhaps I may help….......

Posted: 10 March 2010 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2009-12-17

we have no clue on the status of the boat. we’ve been trying to contact Cuba, USCG personnel, State department, so feeling a bit hopeless.

Posted: 12 March 2010 10:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2009-12-17

Anyone know how to contact the Marina Hemingway? I’d appreciate your help. We are still looking. Some have stepped forward and I really appreciate their help.