Caguanes National Park in Sancti Spiritus Cuba
Posted: 31 August 2009 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

The central Cuban province of Sancti Spiritus offers a wide range of options for vacationers interested in nature tourism.

Thousands of people in the Sancti Spiritus have enjoyed “Campismo Popular” camping sites in the municipalities of Yaguajay, Fomento, Trinidad, Cabaiguán and Jatibonico.

In the nearby Caguanes National Park, two phreatic caves have been discovered on Cayo Fábrica.

The caves were found during a research expedition in the area of the bay of Buenavista.

The experts also found a colony of butterfly bats, which are insectivorous and an exceptional biological controller in Caguanes.

They noted that the discoveries pave the way for other expeditions to study the fauna and flora on the keys and islands in the Bay of Buenavista.

The Caguanes National Park, which holds 40 archeological sites, was inhabited by aboriginal communities that painted the walls of caves more than 2,000 years ago.

The park covers 2,249 hectares, including islets, marine areas and land.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 31 August 2009 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

Seems like the Cuban government is planning to promote the Caguanes National Park into a nature tourist destination.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 02 September 2009 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-08-10

Great Story. Its good to hear actual current events that are happening, Especially involving Science and Nature, two of my favorite topics. I am a Natualist and would Love a chance to see it for myself.

“End the Embargo”