1 of 2
Floridian looking for Business opportunity in Cuba
Posted: 10 August 2009 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-08-10

Hello,
I am a US Citizen that lives in the state of Florida. I am of Portugese/Polish decent and have always felt for the Cuban people, and the wrongful trade embargo of almost 50 years.
I would like a chance to make some Contacts with people that are doing Business/Trade with Cuba, And or looking for some Cuban Nationals that want to start doing business and or trade with me, when President Obama lifts the embargo. I do feel it is time after 50 years to do so, And I believe our President will make it happen.
So I am trying to just find out some ground floor info and make some Real contacts for when the opportunity does happen. Would like to connect with some people that are from Cuba or live in Cuba currently.
Please E-mail or post some info so we can get some Dialogue going. Look forward to hearing from anyone with the same feelings/interests, and would like to get ready for the liberation of US/Cuba trade.
Thank You,
A concerned Floridian hoping to make some friends.
Tim

Posted: 10 August 2009 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

TimS,

Good luck exchanging emails with anyone from Cuba. It doesn’t work that way.

There are VERY limited business opportunities with Cuba right now and NO business opportunities in Cuba.

Keep looking though.

Good luck.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 10 August 2009 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-10

I know that arent MANY opps at this point. Have interest in doing some kind of trade hopefully in the future. Hoping to make some contacts and gain some Knowledge and info on Opps that may occur in the future.
Is there not ANY online service in Cuba at all, even Iphone ? thought there was limited availability.
How has the cuban govt responded to the the Travel resrictions that have loosened up by the president.
Do you forsee opps in the future ?
Will the Cuban govt be open to trade if it happens ?
Thank You for your response.
Tim

Posted: 10 August 2009 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

TimS,

You have a lot of homework to do. The US restricts your rights to do business in Cuba and the Castro’s don’t want you poking around looking for business opportunities.

Forget about cellphones, internet access, emails or even phone calls to Cuba. ALL very limited and ALL very poor quality and/or very expensive.

So, you have those walls to climb to even GET information let alone talk to anyone.

At this point, nothing will happen on the Cuba side until Fidel Castro is dead and maybe longer than that.

The Cuban government has said Obama has not gone far enough. Keep in mind that Fidel and Raul DO NOT want the Embargo lifted. Again, do your homework and you’ll see what I mean. Nothing is easy in Cuba and if it is, you are probably being cheated or lied to.

Good luck.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 11 August 2009 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-10

Is there anyone on here currently doing trade or any type of Business with Cuba ?
Would like the opportunity to converse with anyone in the US or Cuba doing any type of business.
Or any Cubans and or US citizens that travel back and forth from Florida to Cuba, looking to gain some insite on Needs and opportunities in Cuba.
What is needed most ?
What types of business is popular in Cuba ?
Are there nationals who would Trade if they could with the US ?
Any Cubans or Cuban organizations that are lobbying the Government ?
Are there any Political groups opposed to the Current regime and are they allowed to speak of it ?

P.S. To Publisher- If you have answers to any of these questions I would appreciate your information. Im doing my homework as you said and it seems like you are Very Knowledgable about Cuba. Any websites or info to do more homework. Do you have contact with people Family/Friends/Business in Cuba now ? Is there a website for the Cuban Government itself? Thanks for the posts and Hope to hear from you.
Tim

Posted: 11 August 2009 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-19

Tim,

Those are all very good questions but it would take me hours, literally to answer them since there is SO MUCH you have to learn about Cuba. Then, after you learn how everything works THEN you have the wall of the US Embargo to deal with and the wall of the Cuban government to deal with and now you are talking MONTHS of work.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 17 August 2009 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2008-03-27

Tim,
  I’ve been thinking about this a bit as well.  When people tell you there’s nothing, it just makes a good businessman more intrigued!  I know guys who have done business with China, Afghanistan and Iran in the last year - how can there be nothing with Cuba?  Well, I don’t see anything either because the people, literally, have nothing.  I’m not talking 3rd world poor nothing….I really mean nothing.
  What I’ve been thinking is the first step is to make some friends down there.  I’m a Freemason and our fraternity is quite popular in Cuba.  So, I’ve made a couple trips and made a few friends and learned a heck of a lot about how a dictator keeps his hands around the throats of his people and economy.  However, those friends will be the ones to help me and prosper with me when the political obstacles finally disappear….if ever.

TC in FL

Posted: 17 August 2009 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-10

Hey TC,
An actual reply from someone other than Publisher. I’m shocked, I was beginning to wonder if anyone used this site or not.
Well I can tell you from the research that I have done there isnt much being done and what is, is mostly Humanitarian Aide and some people that have connections in Cuba. My whole thing is I would like to find resourceful people that want to help people like myself and Cubans who want to become businees owners and enjoy the freedom of trade and prosperity. I’m sure there are plenty of individuals that would jump at the chance if it was allowed.
  I’m familiar with the FreeMasons, not a member, though I have a very good friend that is, He is a Nut producer and Dealer. And I know produce is one thing that can be imported into Cuba. What is your background ? You say you’ve made some trips, To Cuba?
I am not in the position to finance things at this point but would like to find out what types of opportunities would be best to look into. Like Travel, RealEstate, Import/Export even just helping Cubans themselves open small business. I need to make a living myself but I am really interested in the plight of the Cuban people and would Like help, by reaching out to them and asking them what it is They need.
I see you are from Fl too. Do you have some Ideas and or endevours that you are persuing. What kind of business have you done with theother countries you mentioned.
  Thank You for your interest,
Tim

Posted: 17 August 2009 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2008-03-27

I’ve been hectic lately and forget to check all my favorite blogs. 

Personally, I’m a wealth manager that creates stock and bond portfolios for high net worth peeps.  Not much demand for THAT in Cuba!  I also own a custom yachtbuilder that comes up with a new design every few years, builds a few by hand then sells the molds to a production company before starting the next design.  Not much demand for in Cuba, or anywhere, lately:  http://www.britestaryachts.com

The thing I’ve noticed with Cuba is the people are great and know how to deal to get by.  However, you can only “sell” to the gov’t since they have the only actual money.  I’ve never thought about attempting to sell a mold to Cuba so they could make fishing boats for the people.  From what I’ve heard, they’ll rip you off badly if they get the chance.

I guess that’s why cuban stoagies are illegal here.  That’s the one thing they could barter with bigtime.  I’d love to sell them a design and molds for 100,000 cigars…would make a fortune!  But it would be confiscated by the Feds.  So, what else can you do? 

I love the natural, west end of the island.  At 41 years old, I hope to see Cuba open where I can have a small vacation cabin there with a few others that love to fish.  So, I’m just making some pals and waiting.

Posted: 17 August 2009 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-08-17

hope you will be succesful in Cuba

Signature 

logiciel emailing

Posted: 18 August 2009 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2009-06-14

Tims

I know a few Lancheros doing a fair amount of business with ordirary Cubans.
Let me know if you want to invest on a Fast Boat.

Gracias

PS.

Sr. Publisher sir….....You are so patient.

Posted: 26 August 2009 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-10

Here is a great example of Cubans making business. Thoght it was agreat story and figured I’d share it. Someone down there is forward thinking and helping people at the same time. This a video spot from Reuters I picked up from Yahoo.com.
http://gmy.news.yahoo.com/vid/15222804

[ Edited: 26 August 2009 07:56 AM by publisher ]

Posted: 26 August 2009 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-10

I’m on a Roll, and Cuba is in the news. Here is another Article I ran across, It speaks of the Catholic church asking President Obama to lift the sanctions against Cuba. With people like this trying to help and at least getting involved, Who knows maybe I will be able to travel there someday or do business with Cuba.

*Some Roman Catholic leaders are calling for President Barak Obama to lift the 47-year old economic embargo against Cuba’s communist government. Bishop Thomas Wenski of Orlando said the Catholic church welcomed a recent move by Washington to relax travel restrictions on Cuban Americans with family in Cuba. But he told the Associated Press there is much more to be done.

Cardinal Sean O’Malley of Boston said in a news conference that Obama’s election presents a rare opportunity to bridge an ``immense psychological distance’ that has marred relations and end a policy that punishes Cuban citizens.

O’Malley and Wenski are part of a coalition of U.S. clergy who plan to meet with Ricardo Alarcón, head of Cuba’s parliament. The delegation, which returns Friday, is also in Cuba to check on church-funded hurricane recovery projects. Cuba’s Catholic Church received more than $860,000 in funds from U.S. churches after Hurricanes Gustav, Ike and Paloma struck the island last year. The storms caused more than $10 billion in damage and left a half million people homeless. Church funds are being used to rebuild homes and churches and to construct a new seminary on the outskirts of Havana.

Under Obama, the United States and Cuba have agreed to renew immigration talks suspended under the administration of President George W. Bush. But they’ve sparred over a U.S. suggestion that Havana release dozens of political prisoners.

Posted: 30 August 2009 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2008-03-21

Yo, Tim S. You got questions about Cuba call me, BOO 715 896 4742

Posted: 28 September 2009 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2009-09-25

Tim;

As much as it is hard or nearly impossible to do business in Cuba, there will be soon a way to buy land etc… I know that mike take another 5 years but i have been married with a cuban girl for more then 9 years. we have purchase land and houses but it is under family names overthere. I hope that Obama will change the embargo status sooner then laterr. There is speculation that it will happen. The two country has warmed up to each otherr and with Raul in charge things as already changed. just came back from there recently for the second time this year and i have a really good feeling about evertyhing in regards to land and such. Lets keep in touch and perhaps next time we go, December 2009 to March 2010 we could meet overthere. Cheers. John

Posted: 06 May 2010 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2010-05-03

TS LIKE WE ALL SAY CUBAN IS NOT GOING TO LET ANYONE DO ANY DEALS THERE THAT CASTRO DONT HAVE CONTROL OF IT THING ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE UNTILL ALL THAT REGINE IS GONE CASTRO RAUL ALARCON AND MORE OF THEM IS NOT ESAY THOSE PEOPLE ARE PURE COMUNISTA AND NEVER WILL CHANGE BECASUE THEY HAVE KILL AND DID SO MUCH WRONG TO CUBAN PEOPLE THAT IF THEY LOSE THE POWER THEY WILL GET KILL SO CUBA IS OUT SORRY HOPE THIS HELP

1 of 2

‹‹ CU + CA Joint Venture      buisness in cuba ››