Need an original birth certificate from Cuba
Posted: 27 June 2009 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-06-27

=3][/size]

I’m a US Citizen applying to become a citizen of Spain.  It’s called a “dual citizenship.”  My ancestors as well as my parents were born in Spain, and my sister and I were born in Cuba.

I went to the Spanish Consulate yesterday and was told I would need to obtain an original birth certificate from el Ministerio de Justicia in Havana showing my grandparents names on the birth certificate as well as an official seal.  The birth certificate I have was obtained in 1963 through the Embassy of Switzerland in Cuba, when we were trying to leave Cuba.  I was not aware that it was not an original birth certificate, but the grandparents names are not on it. 

Can you help me find a way to get my original birth certificate from Ministerior de Justicia, Registro de Estado Civil del Termino Municipal de la Habana.  Juzgado Municipal de Puentes Grandes.  Both, my sister and I need our original birth certificates in order to proceed with our application for Spanish Citizenship.

Thank you very much in anticipation!

Maria Andersen

Posted: 12 July 2009 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-07-12

Does anyone know how to obtain another copy of your birth certificate?  I was born in Cuba but am now an american citizen.