Married in Cuba Now Looking For Divorce
Posted: 05 May 2009 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-05-04

About 6 years ago I married a man in Cuba. While sponsoring this individual for immigration to Canada the relationship came apart and
the original application pulled.

Now I am looking to marry again and I need to know how to get a divorce if I can not find this person? Should I get a lawyer here in Canada to assist me with the divorce or
should I go to Cuba and file the divorce application.

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted: 03 June 2009 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2009-06-03

hi notinlove, i hope this issue resolves quickly for you. I have seen marriages like this come together and fall apart (in my own family). i’m doing research daily because i’d like to discern what to do with my current possible infatuation with a guy in varadero because we connected so much. (I speak spanish fluently and have been to Ecuador tons of times, but found something different with cuba and her people) i swore i wouldn’t meet someone with the idea of sponsoring him, but now i cant help it. but frankly i’d like to spend a few months in cuba anyway some time in the near future. for ie: get to know him, and just live far from toronto for a while.

Posted: 27 June 2009 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2009-01-24

How did you know it was not right?  I am married to a Cuban now and am hearing all of these horror stories.  We are both 40 and this will be our second marriage each.  He has a daughter and I have 2 kids.  What made you stop the process?  How did you know??

Thanks!

Posted: 29 June 2009 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-06-29
notinlove - 05 May 2009 01:00 PM

About 6 years ago I married a man in Cuba. While sponsoring this individual for immigration to Canada the relationship came apart and
the original application pulled.

Now I am looking to marry again and I need to know how to get a divorce if I can not find this person? Should I get a lawyer here in Canada to assist me with the divorce or
should I go to Cuba and file the divorce application.

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have been screewed by my cuban wife who is now in Miami. I can’t divorce from here (Canada) because I don’t have her address. I can divorce in Cuba. All you have to do is go where you got married with 800CUC and they will divorce you. You will get the certificate in the mail within the next 2 months.