How to divorce a Cuban?
Posted: 22 April 2009 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-04-20

does anyone know how you can divorce a cuban. He ran off after two months of arrival

i am a uk citizen and the thought of having to go back there by myself fills me with horror!

eloisa

[ Edited: 22 April 2009 07:55 PM by publisher ]

Posted: 22 April 2009 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2009-02-17

i inform you that as far i know to take a divorce in cuba from consultoria need the same papers again(bith certificate,translated,legalized in cuban embassy) and a cost of 800 cuc
this is for the cuban part of the divorce
so i suggest you to make your actions with a lawyer in uk
there have to be a way when the husband run away and leaving her wifes house to take a divorce even you need for this some period
i am having a similar case here with my wife that she run back to cuba again

Posted: 03 June 2009 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2009-06-03

hi there, a question for both: can we believe a cuban when they say i love you? i haven’t been told ‘i love you’ but there was a strong connection with a cuban and i while i was on vacation, (mind you i met 5 others that week plus quite a few tourists from toronto that didn’t interest me in the least), and this connection is very rare for me, or usually non-reciprocal and probably encouraged by my relaxed nature while on vacation…. i speak spanish fluently so there’s no problem in communication. i’m excited to keep in touch, but scared to fall in love…. (i guess if it happens it happens)

Posted: 09 June 2009 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-04-20

my advice is;go ahead and fall in love,but dont get married for a passport,invite them to your country first and see how you get on there.I honestly trusted the guy i married which is rare for me too,and felt a strong connection in the beginning!But there where many lies and in the end he wanted me for a passport and money!when he realized life in europe was not so easy then the contraditions began and he sneaked off in the middle of the night.This is a big problem with Cubans-easy life Europe,and then they see its not so easy.Believe me ,most of them are in love with the idea of having lots of money

Posted: 11 June 2009 12:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2009-06-03

wow, see i thought Cuban life would be hard for them, and Europe easier. of course language and culture shock dominate. funny thing with this guy he said he’d only call me in five months to wish me happy birthday, but instead we’ve talked 3 x since returning 2 wks ago. time will tell, but in the meantime i’ll continue having fun here, pursuing goals, and eventually end up in Cuba to get to know other places besides Varadero. i wish to build my photography experience over there. Eloisa, i hope your situation improves and the pain subsides a little more each day.

Posted: 14 June 2009 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2009-06-14

Maybel

When a Cuban in Cuba tells you ‘I love You”....he means I’ll love you until you get me the F#@ck out of here.

Posted: 18 June 2009 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2009-06-03

yeah Gator, I bet. something tells me that he’ll stick around as long as i want him to. I’d like to see the similarities on what made one cuban charming to a foreigner as the next cuban. i’m always looking for clues. i’m sure he’d have great intentions if he weren’t living under the ‘cuban conditions’ that he grew up with. He’s actively helping sort his cousin’s paperwork (she is living in italy) so that she can get married. i have a feeling he was taking the opportunity to play ‘jinetero’ with me if that was what i wanted. but i didn’t. again, i was very kind to him and his friends, and he was/he tried too. not enough cubans in varadero vs. the tourists that arrive every week that is for sure. its sure a ‘mess’ for now that i’m in…. typical of me, but i have a balanced outlook. life is too short. (heck i’m too poor anyway, lol)

Posted: 30 June 2009 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2009-06-14

Sorry Im not familiar with you story. I just found this site.

I’m affraid that Cuba has transformed into a country of beggars & charlatans.
No body works ? 
Why should they ? 

It’s the same story all over but Cubans have become “artists” at this sort of thing. Both genders. My doctor traveled to Cuba in 1998 on some kind of medical event and ...............“fell in love”........with a Cubanita in her 30’s.  He was 62.  He tried to get her out legally but gave up and had her “delivered” to Florida shores with her 10 year old boy.  The marriage lasted about a year and she took him for half of what he had. She got herself a Cubanito now and lives in Miami.

Go Figure !