1 of 2
Here come the Yanks…
Posted: 10 February 2009 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2008-03-27

Get ready Cuba!  I’m coming down with a wallet full of cash and I’m hungry for good times and friendly people. 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/cuba/sfl-flbcubatravel0210sbfeb10,0,4639522.story

Posted: 08 March 2009 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2008-03-27

Well, I think I’m still coming down.  We’ll see what Obamalamadingdong has planned:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/08/cuba-obama-administration

Posted: 13 April 2009 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2008-03-27

The thing is very few Americans will want to stay at some stupid resort. Personally, I’d want to head west and see the natural beaches, rolling tobacco fields and interesting upland areas.  I’d rather sleep in a cab somewhere that some hideous resort.

As a man, I’m from the west and traveling east.  In Cuba, I’d want to head west to see the landscape and meet rural people.

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSTRE53B1EG20090412?feedType=RSS&feedName=lifestyleMolt&rpc=22&sp=true

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123958294406112279.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a0_zyWMi297I&refer=worldwide

Posted: 14 July 2009 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-07-14

Unfortunately, you Yankers have a way of ruining a country. Do your nation a favor and treat the Cubans with respect.

Posted: 14 July 2009 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2008-03-27

Do yourself a favor and drop dead.  America has never taken one inch of foreign soil despite hundreds of thousands dead defending OTHER’s freedom.  We don’t ruin and we don’t take.  Cuba is the classic example.  We let them ruin their own country and haven’t done a thing about it because it’s what, supposedly, the people wanted.  So, can it loser.

smile

Posted: 14 July 2009 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

greaper ca and JuiceClark

I have to jump in here. We would love to treat the Cuban people with respect but Fidel and Raul don’t want to treat their own people with respect.

Regarding letting Cuba run their own country, yes, we have not interfered… lately but don’t forget the US has invaded Cuba TWICE.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 18 July 2009 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-06-29
greaper_ca - 14 July 2009 04:25 PM

Unfortunately, you Yankers have a way of ruining a country. Do your nation a favor and treat the Cubans with respect.

This is 70% true but very badly said. Yes, I do believe that american policies in those countries are responsible for a lot a dammages (not war dammages). In 1955, Castro was nothing more than the seed of a comunist revolution. The american policy in Cuba was the fertilized soil. That does not mean that you should insult every american you see. He or she has nothing to do with the fact that politicians of democraties all over the world have short term visions.

Posted: 18 July 2009 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2009-06-29
JuiceClark - 13 April 2009 08:54 AM

The thing is very few Americans will want to stay at some stupid resort. Personally, I’d want to head west and see the natural beaches, rolling tobacco fields and interesting upland areas.  I’d rather sleep in a cab somewhere that some hideous resort.

Hi Juice. First of all, resorts in Cuba are almost always nice. They can’t build them higher then the trees meaning that there are no 30 floors hotel. But you are absolutely right, if you want to know cuba, stay away from resorts. But you don’t have to live in your car. Where ever you go, you can find a legal or not so legal house where you will be with the population. And for a few more pesos, they will cook you something great. If you go west, you have to go to Viñales. There, visit the valley on horse back. You can’t go there by car, there are no streets. They will certainly bring you to a farm where the “Guajiro” will roll you a cigar from his personal crop. As a cigar lover, this was certainly the best experience of my life. Right where they grow the best tobaco on earth, hand made by the one who cultivates it.

Then, you have to go to Cayo Jutias, a beautiful beach that has never seen any tourist resorts. But keep 2 things in mind. Always keep an eye on the road. The holes in the roads are really impressing. Then, there are road signs that will get you to Cayo Jutias but none to help you get back to where ever you want to go back to.

And if you want to stay in Havana, let me know. There are many non-tourist places you can go to.
Bye

Posted: 18 July 2009 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2009-06-29
JuiceClark - 10 February 2009 08:29 PM

Get ready Cuba!  I’m coming down with a wallet full of cash and I’m hungry for good times and friendly people. 

For having been in Cuba 15 times, let me rephrase this.
Get ready Cuba…. Don’t worry, Cuba is ready but you aren’t.
Wallet full of cash…. Already told you, Cuba is ready but you are not. The last thing you want to do is flash that money.
Hungry for good times…. Cuba is ready, it is really the place for good times.
Friendly peolple…. They will all be friendly. The cuban is a very friendly person and well educated. Try to see who is after your money and who is after your friendship. I have seen a lot of crooks but I have kept very good friends.

Try not to go there saying: HEY!!!!  I… AM…AN…AMERICAN….AND…YOU…ARE…NOT.
I am canadian and I have seen canadians acting like this. I have seen Poles and Italians acting like this. They will just see in you another MORON with money.  smile

Posted: 18 July 2009 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2009-07-14
JuiceClark - 14 July 2009 04:40 PM

Do yourself a favor and drop dead.  America has never taken one inch of foreign soil despite hundreds of thousands dead defending OTHER’s freedom.  We don’t ruin and we don’t take.  Cuba is the classic example.  We let them ruin their own country and haven’t done a thing about it because it’s what, supposedly, the people wanted.  So, can it loser.

smile

Have I struck a nerve. Do yourself a favor, read some history books outside American history. I’m a transplanted Cuban and yes Cubans are poor but what you tend to forget is that if it wasn’t for American interest in other parts of the world Castro wouldn’t have probably gotten involved with politics and Cuba would be in a better state than it is now. Much like American paranoia towards other countries, Castro himself was concerned of American involvement in Cuba. You have that typical American ideal.

Oh ya I forgot…Tell me who put Sadam Hussain in power and tell me if that country is in a better state right now. Yes I’m a loser. One only needs to be one to know one.

Posted: 19 July 2009 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2009-06-29

Oh ya I forgot…Tell me who put Sadam Hussain in power and tell me if that country is in a better state right now. Yes I’m a loser. One only needs to be one to know one.

Would be interesting to know what exactly gave Chavez the opportunity to take control of Venezuela.

Posted: 04 August 2009 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2009-06-30

The best thing about Cuba, is that there are very few Americans.  Americans have not had the chance to “americanize” the island, and it remains authentic.

Having lived in Europe, it was absolutely shameful to see a beautiful, historic building flanked by McDonald’s on one side and Burger King on the other side.

Having been to Hawaii, it was sinful to see the indigenous people living in squalor.  All in the name of big business!

I would be appalled to visit Cuba and to see it americanized. 

The saddest part of all of this, is that most Americans are unable to see how brash, rude and disrespectful they are.  When in Europe, I defended Americans.  I didn’t realize what they were like, until I was far away from the environment for a number of years. 

Trust me….Americans should stay at home, and leave well enough alone!

Posted: 05 August 2009 02:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2009-06-29
CubaChica - 04 August 2009 05:35 PM

The best thing about Cuba, is that there are very few Americans.  Americans have not had the chance to “americanize” the island, and it remains authentic.

Having lived in Europe, it was absolutely shameful to see a beautiful, historic building flanked by McDonald’s on one side and Burger King on the other side.

Having been to Hawaii, it was sinful to see the indigenous people living in squalor.  All in the name of big business!

I would be appalled to visit Cuba and to see it americanized. 

The saddest part of all of this, is that most Americans are unable to see how brash, rude and disrespectful they are.  When in Europe, I defended Americans.  I didn’t realize what they were like, until I was far away from the environment for a number of years. 

Trust me….Americans should stay at home, and leave well enough alone!

I am definitely in love with Cuba and Havana and the fact that it has not been americanized has a bit to do with it. I don’t mind seeing McDonalds in Montreal. But the day I see a Burger King when getting out of Jose Marti’ airport or the golden arches on the Malecon, I’ll cry, turn around and go back home.

Posted: 05 August 2009 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2005-11-19

“But the day I see a Burger King when getting out of Jose Marti’ airport or the golden arches on the Malecon, I’ll cry, turn around and go back home.”

Don’t forget that’s a sign of freedom and did you ever think that maybe some Cuban people would like to eat at a McDonalds?

If that bothers you, you can always go to North Korea, Sudan or some other capitalist hating crap hole country.

Signature 

Cuba consulting services

Posted: 05 August 2009 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
less than 10 posts
Rank
Joined  2009-06-30
Publisher - 05 August 2009 07:20 AM

“Don’t forget that’s a sign of freedom and did you ever think that maybe some Cuban people would like to eat at a McDonalds?

If that bothers you, you can always go to North Korea, Sudan or some other capitalist hating crap hole country.

I didn’t realize that freedom came in the form of obesity and heart disease.  Cuban people want their freedom of movement and their liberty - are you under the impression that McDonalds could possibly make them forget about what they want the most?

Even if I did visit any of the above places that you so respectfully refer to as “capitalist hating crap hole” countries, it wouldn’t be long before Americans felt that they needed to rule the place.  After all….what is so great about Afghanistan?

Posted: 05 August 2009 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
10 to 29 posts
RankRank
Joined  2009-06-29
Publisher - 05 August 2009 07:20 AM

“But the day I see a Burger King when getting out of Jose Marti’ airport or the golden arches on the Malecon, I’ll cry, turn around and go back home.”

Don’t forget that’s a sign of freedom and did you ever think that maybe some Cuban people would like to eat at a McDonalds?

Well, I said I would go back home, i.e. Canada.

A Mc Donald is a sing of freedom? Wow, that’s heavy. I must have been sleeping late the day China became a free democratic society ‘cause I missed that news. And I am ashame that I never thought of thanking Ronald for freeing my country from….... I don’t know.

And you know what? The day that there is a Mc Donald in Havana, it will be a sign of freedom, freedom for all american businessmen who right now saw this right taken away by a retarded policy towards Cuba. Now please, note that I am attacking the policy, not the people of the USA, not even you.

1 of 2

‹‹ Cuban Labor Facts      Buying a House in Cuba ››