Ana Leonor Díaz | Grupo Decoro | [url=http://www.cubanet.org]http://www.cubanet.org[/url]
A fire attributed to an electrical fault burned through the building that
houses the studios for Radio Havana, and two other stations, island-wide
Radio Progreso, and provincial station COCO.
The fire broke out Thursday morning and about 60 employees had to be
evacuated through the roof of the building on account of toxic fumes
released by the fire.
The Radio Progreso studios had been undergoing remodeling for several
months, primarily to install a new air conditioning system. The previous
system was the original installed when the building was put up almost
60 years ago.
Several units of the provincial firefighters command responded to the
alarm and controlled the fire.