The Numismatic Museum reopened at the headquarters of the former Banco Mendoza, in Old Havana.
The museum is housed in a 1915 emblematic building of bank architecture on Obispo Street between Havana and Aguiar.
The center features 162,000 pieces, including coins and medals, which are considered crown jewels of numismatic art.
The museum displays Cuban medals from the colonial and republican periods, and after 1959.
It also exhibits coins from the ancient world, minted between the 7th and the 1st centuries B.C., and ancient coins from Latin American countries, Spain and other cultures.
The museum also features a collection of bills signed by Carlos Manuel de Cespedes in 1869, which was the first attempt of the recently-created republic in arms to have its own currency.